I was going to post pictures with this entry but I realized there were too many pictures that were taken in the last month to allow me to add. So I'll sum up what has happened with us in the last month.
After Grandma and Grandpa Reed visited Utah, Stephen, Franklin and I went to Saint George for Aunt Joans' wedding. Grandma Quinn had already been in Saint George visiting her family, and Grandpa Quinn came up for the wedding as well. So Franklin got to see both sets of Grandparents a week apart from each other. While there Stephen was able to do some work for his childhood friend who had passed away over a decade ago. Brent had prepared all the paperwork for this even to happen. Afterwards there was a reception held at Grandma Jacksons' chapel.
The following week was "Art City Days", it was like a Founders' Day type of thing. Springville is also called Art City. So we went to the little fair where Franklin rode on the Carousel for the first time. He loved it! All the lights, shiny brass, and music. Father's Day was quiet except Stephen was on-call and worked a 10 hour day on Sunday. I called up the Lewis' and talked to Jerry and he made it so Stephen wouldn't have to go out on anymore calls, and invited us over for dinner with the family. We laughed and had a great time.
That next week we had our 4th anniversary. It's amazing that 4 years have gone by since we were married. We didn't do anything on the actual day but we made plans to go to Salt Lake that Friday and celebrate. Just before we were about to leave we got a call from Spencer. They were in the area so we met up with them at a pond (a very popular pond) to see each other, and we finally met Kaylee. She and Franklin hit it right off. They are about 3 months apart in age, and luckily Franklin isn't a hitter to others, just the cats. They were too cute together!
The next week I finally went in to a dentist about my two top wisdom teeth. They've been killing me for a few months and I finally reached my breaking point. My first experience, getting the bottom ones removed in 2005 was so awful that I've been too nervous to mess with the others. I got to see why they are causing me so much pain, and at the end of July I meet with the oral surgeon (I'm working up my nerves again). A few days later Whitney came with Stephen and I to see a local production of Hello Dolly! and it was very cute, and done "in the round". A little strange to do it that way for a musical, but oh well, the cast was very small. Franklin kept getting attention, and at one point made a loud thud when he missed sitting down, and fell over instead. He was fine, just already mad from being tired, and it scared him.
The following weekend, Independence Day weekend, we had a blast! Whitney, Brittney (Whit's sister), Jeff (Brit's hubby) and we went to the parade. It was a lot of fun. After we went to a sidewalk carnival/swap meet thing. There was a lot of great things to see, but Franklin was over tired, and my feet were sore. So we went back to Whitney's place, and there was a pool. Franklin hated it at first, but as long as he wasn't splashed he was fine. We've taken him swimming a couple times before and he loves it. We don't want him to be afraid of the water.
After that we went home for Franklin to take a much needed nap, and that evening we met up with everyone again for a BBQ. After our picnic we went back home, Franklin needed to go to bed, so we missed the fireworks, but we got back together again at our place, and Brittney and Jeff provided us with a wonderful little fireworks show. Luckily our neighbors were gone so we did it in front of their place. Franklin slept for 14 hours that night, poor thing was so sleepy. He woke up very happy, and then went down for another nap, for 4 hours. He went to bed at his usual time.
Now our big news is that we are going down to Arizona for Franklin's first birthday. We'll fly down August 5th, and be in Thatcher till the 7th, then we'll be in Sierra Vista till the 9th, and we come back home. I cannot believe that he'll be a year old in less than a month. The time has seriously flown by!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Time is flying!
at 6:51 PM
whatchya talkin bout summer, Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment