Sunday, July 19, 2009

Adding up the math

I have been taking some pictures but as I'm sitting here typing I know this blog will not be written at this time if I have to spend more time trying to upload pictures. I'm sorry, but my patience is thin, and time has been shorter than I ever could have imagine.

So Lisette, poor thing, has been having the worst time. If some of you are wondering, allow me to set the record straight; Lisette is formula fed, and I will openly admit that nursing has emotionally taken its toll on me, and it is most likely due to post-partum. Never had it before, but I suddenly feel the need to be very open about how things are for us in all ways. Since we moved here Lisette has been getting worse. All babies tend to have gas/fussyness problems, at least as far as I knew, but this was unbarable for all in this home. We all were experiencing something that was making us all sluggish, and not feeling well; aside from lack of sleep. My brother's son, Ian, had many problems due to colic so Christian had lots of advice for me. I know I didn't need to plead to get his advice, but I did anyway. I suppose pleading is a form of letting others see your desperation.

We haven't tried everything he has suggested (just because you have to play the elimination game) and my sister-in-law, Jamie also recommended a different formula. I had recently been given a sample of a pre-made formula, so we decided to try that, along with one of my brother's suggestions; keeping her verticle for 30 minutes after feeding. Things aren't 100%, but compared to how they were, we are very happy with these results. The thing that I had been trying on my own, and I will keep giving it to her, is prune juice. Its not much, and I'm sure many of you are thinking she's too young, but unfortunately for Lisette, she has inherited her mothers digestive system, or so it seems. Poor thing is having way too much trouble, so 1 - 2 tsp. of Prune juice, daily is helping in just the smallest way so far. We can't miss a day or we have to start over.

We also bought a case of water, and since we all began drinking it, we have noticed a small change. Stephen's theory is that our water is abnormally hard. I think I'll have it tested at Sears (literally, that thought just occurred to me, and yes, its free, I used to do it for others when I worked there). We have an on-sink filter, but we don't think its working as well here as it did in Springville. We are thinking about getting those huge jugs that you take into walmart and fill it from one of those water stations.

Today we attended our own ward, and so far we love it. I had the craziest 3 hours of non-stop de ja vou. I honestly kept thinking I must of know someone from somewhere, then as Relief Society was ending I realized I had way too many people I thought I knew in one room, at the same time for it not to be de ja vou (I hope I'm spelling that right). Franklin has been having the craziest runny nose, without other cold symptoms, so apart from getting allergy medicine this morning, he spent church with Stephen. Obviously Lisette was with me. Afterward both kids were ready to crash, and I'm wishing so much that we did too. I don't believe a person can ever "catch up"on sleep but it sure never hurts to get more when you haven't had enough. That's how Stephen and I have been. Little sleep = loss of patience + loss of time.

I know this heat is taking its toll. Its been dancing around 100 degrees all week. We are roasting, and very grateful to have a/c in our new place. With my own hot flashes even the fans need to be running. For those of you who doubt that anything north of the desert can be just as hot as the desert, come visit us, right now! We actually saw a commercial about our local aquarium, and how its known as the aquarium in the desert. Though I fail to see the desert, I certainly feel its heat. Things are of course picking up for Stephen because of this heat. This next week he will be on-call, so I believe we won't see much of him thoughout.

Because I feared that walking away to take care of some parental duties would prevent me from finishing this blog, I am finding myself at its end so that I can get Franklin in a nice cool shower. I may put on my swimmie and join him. He finds that more fun anyway. This week I will upload the pictures and hopefully next weekend I will post them. Please have patience with me, and if you can, share some of it with me; I could use a little. I do promise you though, things are getting better.

3 that love us:

Eva said...

I'm so sorry! My first had colic and it was difficult for the first 4 or 5 months. Eventually you'll find the little magic tricks that work and you'll regain some sanity. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Colic babies are NO fun! I had 2 did get some help from a friend whos is a Chiropractor. He came me some stuff that work wonders. It was all natural and in a powder form. All I would do is give them a tsp. before each feeding, and we had no problems. If you want I can find out what the name of it is and let you know. Seriuosly, my twins never had a problem. That and I put them on their bellies. I know, but when you have 2 colic babies your willing to try anything!!!! I am really sorry and hope things start looking up for you!

Anonymous said...

Ok that didn't type right, but I hope you got the jist of it! Love ya!