So here's my brief excuse as to why I haven't blogged in nearly a month. . .
The first Sunday after I wrote the last blog, I started a new one. Once I was done, spent quite a lot of time on it, I had Stephen read it over. He lost the whole thing, and I was so frustrated I stayed away from the computer. Then he start to rewrite one to copy what he read, but didn't get very far. After that I got really busy with my at-home business that I'm creating. Now on with the update.
Several Sundays ago, after our Stake Conference we decided to go for a drive. We stopped in Canyon Glen Park for lunch. Played a little with Franklin then moved on toward Park City. We saw that in the down town, historical district there was a Sunday Market/Farmer's Market. After searching forever for a parking spot we decided to cruise main. Franklin was tired, but it was exciting to see all the dogs. Lots of people brought their dogs, some sort of dog event was going on. Then tucked away to the side was a childrens corner. Free facepainting and balloons. We decided to get Franklin's face painted. Did great, waiting in line, watching all the other kids. The wind picked up and it was a little chilly. Then when his turn came, he wasn't happy. He was just fine for the face cleaning, but he didn't want the brush touching him. The woman was great, and patient. She painted a really cool looking cartoon car on his arm, and he watched. When we got home we let him have some ice cream. HUGE mess but it was a very fun day for him.
I began work on my product. Months ago we bought a BinkiGrip from Babiesrus. They only had 2 colors, and the one for little girls was a bold pink. Most of you know how I feel about pink (I am lightening up about it, just won't wear it myself much, but you kind of have no choice when it comes to infants) and that pink didn't match with much to begin with. I decided to make my own that I could interchange with just having the one clip but several ribbon styles. Now Stephen is helping me when he can, and I have dozens completed and some posted for sale on Etsy.com and pretty excited about it. Plus I like being able to change up the one daily accessory she wears to match or accent her outfit. Yes, I've been sucked into the whole dressing up little girls. I think Stephen likes it more than I do. That man has been sucked in that little girls' grasp. When she's older she'll know to by pass mom if she really wants something and go straigh to dad. I'm going to have to do my best to train that man now to always come to me first if he feels he'll obey her every whim.
The following Sunday we had lots of visitors and tons of new comers. We have 4 nurseries in our ward. Our nursery is typically 8-11 kids. We ended up with 15 that day. All the other nurseries kept turning them away. We were promised that wouldn't happen again, but it proved to me that its too hard with an infant. Lisette is demanding and highly dramatic at times. We can't put her down, she hates it, or its too dangerous with all the toodlers. She doesn't get her nap, so her dramatics is blown out of proportion at times. Plus it ends up one of us, mainly me, holds her, and takes care of her the whole time while the other, mainly Stephen, takes care of the kids. Not so easy, especially with 15 kids.
That Sunday though, Stephen recognized someone from his graduating high school class. Julie Dorr (maiden name Hooper. Her brother is an optometrist in Sierra Vista) had just moved into our ward from Anthem, AZ. Danny is her husband and they have two adorable little girls, Brooklynn and Sadie. It was super exciting especially since Stephen and I have been trying to make good on our new goal of making friends since we didn't the 20 months in our last ward.
We're trying to have other things we make too. We're commissioning Spencer and Julie, at least giving them a little business from us to help our business, to make different things in home decor. Its a mixture of windows with sayings, plaques, boards, and what not. We finally have 2 of those finished, we have to frame most of the rest of them, and a 3rd is nearly complete. Just a lot of fun making these things, when I don't mess up on the sewing machine and get temporary frustration, and some of my PaciFashion (my official name) just might find its way to some of your homes. I need more advertising.
Stephen has been working insanely. I know there are warnings out there about what a person should post on-line because many people have access to read it. I don't care right now. I've been very upset with his company. He was on-call the week before conference. At first it started slow, Monday wasn't much of anything, and then Tuesday the first cold front hit, and hit hard. In the morning there wasn't work for him, so we were going to work on some of these project we have. Not a chance. It was very windy and raining. He worked for two weeks straight, coming home most often after 8 pm. There were a few days he came home after 9 pm. I had to keep Franklin way up past bed time just to see his dad! Now I'm going make sure my voice gets heard by his boss if this schedule keeps up. We really need Stephen to spend time with his family, as well as Stephen is overly tired, not getting enough sleep and his body is worn out. He's been so over worked.
I need to do a brief entry about the kids. Franklin is the greatest brother. He loves his sister, he helps when he can either with her, or with me, cleaning, cooking, etc. He's such a sweetie! He's patient and willing, not always but most of the time. Lisette loves her brother. She watches him non-stop, smiling. Its so easy to get her to giggle, squeal, and laugh. She's adorable! We're starting her eating cereal. Slow going, but she seems to like it, just taking time to learn to eat it. She's also been going to bed later, and waking up in the early morning. So I'm hoping once she gets this eating figured out, she'll be full more to help her sleep longer again. We all need more sleep.
I suppose I ought to end there and with a few pictures of what I've been up to. Thanks for reading. I try not to make them so long just so I can keep your full attention since I know most of you don't have much time to be on the computer.
I'm leaving his hair just a little longer lately to be able to style it as well as he won't look so bald.
It was too cute to watch him when he realized all the ice cream was gone
The face painting that ended up being the arm painting.
A random moment that ended up looking like a pose.
One of my PaciFashions.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Good Morning October
at 11:32 AM
whatchya talkin bout Fall, pictures, random, whats up with franklin, whats up with Lisette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 that love us:
Can't wait to see pictures on how your projects turn out. The dress looks cute on Lisette! :)
So so cute. Good luck on the new business! That is exciting.
Cute!! I love the pacifashions... I could use another, I have 2 of those clippers and we are always losing them!
Hee, hee, hee! My little Jack Russell Terrier rubs on MY shoes whenever we get back from anywhere! I have to put them in the closet and shut the door.
You are really brave to be starting a business with two little kiddos! I'm happy that it seems to be working out for you - make a button for your PaciFashion and I'll stick it on my blog!
Post a Comment