Monday, January 12, 2009

Hooray 2009

We had a fun New Year. The night before Franklin didn't allow me to get much sleep so by the time I went to SLC airport to pick up Janiel, I had to have Stephen talk to me on the phone so I wouldn't get too sleepy. It was so exciting to see Janiel again, and have her stay with us for a few days!!

Franklin was obviously cranky that day since he also didn't get a whole lot of sleep, and Janiel had been up most of the night herself; staying overnight at the Tucson airport, so she could check in at 4:30 a.m. (Thanks for the sacrifice, because I was sure glad to have you come visit!) After we got to our place we talked for a little bit, and Janiel wore out Rizzo. Rizzo played fetch with Janiel for a very long time, but after Franklin went down for his nap, we decided we all should get some sleep. Janiel got to lay down, and was later joined by Osgood (practically smothering her) and Franklin had other plans for me. I got some cleaning done, and got Franklin a meal. After Janiel was up we talked some more, and waiting till Stephen got off of work. Unfortunately he was on-call. He got home a little late, but picked up the pizza on his way home. After we ate, we headed over to Spanish Fork (5 minutes away) to their city Festival of Lights. It was actually really cool!!

We went home, and Stephen left for Salt Lake; called off to work. Franklin went to bed shortly before Stephen got back, which was between 9:30 and 10. We lit som fireworks on our street, which was covered in ice and snow. Janiel was running and sliding all over the place, occassionally Stephen joined in. We went inside, and I honestly don't remember what we watched while we waited to turn on "the count down". It was interesting that Time Square didn't really do much this year, they really cut down on their budget, so all the fun stuff was aired from Vegas. We counted down last year, and then 20 minutes later went to bed.

We were fortunate to have Stephen with us for the entire day! He didn't get New Year's off last year. On Saturday we went to Gardener Village, and even though it was cold, it at least wasn't windy. Franklin wasn't always willing to leave a shop when we were done, nor was he always allowed to walk around. He is cute, and well behaved, but just like all children, he had grabby little hands, and isn't gentle with everything. I won't give you a travel log at this point. However I was thrilled to have Janiel with us, it was so fun to have her here!! Franklin just ADORED Janiel. We called him her boyfriend the whole time. Janiel allowed us to go on a date Friday night, and called up just to say that he was cuddling with her, and just chilling out. They were still cuddling when we got back. It was so sweet!

Franklin wanted everything that Janiel had, he wanted to be where she was, and do what she was doing. Sometimes if he wouldn't eat what I was giving him I'd just give it to Janiel, and then he'd want it. He really doted on her, and it was very cute. On Sunday we all were feeling a little sick, Stephen had to go to Salt Lake again, and the rest of us ended up taking naps all day. I was glad that I wasn't really sick, just needed more sleep, and it sure helped the next day to have had some catch-up sleep. Monday when she had to go to the airport, it started snowing. Her flight was delays about 30 minutes, but it was enough to make her miss her connecting flight to Tucson. It could have been worse, because from the time she left, until Wednesday morning, it snowed, and Springville's report was we got 8 inches of snow. It was beautiful, but also dangerous. At least she made it home that night.

Janiel, thanks so much for coming to visit, I had so much fun!

I will post pictures, but my computer isn't cooperating.

2 that love us:

Brenden+Nikki said...

I am always so amazed at how fast my friend's babies grow! Franklin is so cute. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your hubby too. It's always nice when you're able to have time together when they don't have work or school.

Janiel said...

I love you! Nuff said!