So its time to let you all in on how things are going with us on a more serious note. Lisl has been having Braxton Hicks (false labor/contractions) for the last two months. When they began it didn't happen often, and was never an actual problem. On the drive back from Arizona is when things started to get worse. Even more recently, on Friday, she began to have pains that have made simple things impossible. She has been on bed rest, and we hope these contractions and pains will ease up, so she can make it at least as long as she did with Franklin, 38 weeks. Lisl is only 30 weeks pregnant (10 weeks to go till full term).
Now, as a result of Lisl having to take it easy, I the fantastic and absolutely wonderful husband that I am have taken over the household responsabilities. In the past few weeks I have taken over cooking, cleaning, laundry, and anything that involves lifting. I haven't minded it of course but I have to say to all of you wives including my own; You are amazing! This has given me quite the insight into what it takes to keep up a household and I applaud your ability to keep up with everything. I will have to let Lisl keep you informed as to whether I am doing a comparable job or not.
Outside of that though we had a good easter weekend. Franklin enjoyed hunting for eggs. He decided that daddy had to hold the basket though. Which worked out well because I was able to keep removing eggs from his basket and re-depositing them for him to find. This helped increase the time it took for him to find them all. In the evening we enjoyed an Easter dinner with two of our friends (Mitch and Megan). They ended up being fully entertained by our quirky cat Rizzo. He was lunging off tables and just generally being a nut, so it made the evening pretty eventful.
Lisl had asked me if I wanted to give blogging a try, so thanks for tuning in, and reading what I had to say. We'll have some photos and videos of our Easter in an upcoming blog. Hope you all had a good Easter!
(Lisl's shout out to Stephen: He is amazing, and has been the best father and husband. I'm very greatful to be married to such a wonderful, and caring man!)
Monday, April 13, 2009
From Stephen's perspective
at 9:56 PM
whatchya talkin bout Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 that love us:
Braxton Hicks are so much more common the second time around. I am sorry they put you on bed rest though! That is horrible!
holy crap! i need to pay more attention! would you like a bed rest servival kit? i wont tell you what is in it, but i'll send one if you like...ha! ooh that would be fun. i made one for my sister-in-law and she said it saved her life!
I hope franklin is being a good boy. although i bet he's beyond happy to have daddy home!
good job daddy for being mommy!
ughhh....braxton hicks are awful things. I'm sorry you're cursed with them! They get worse each pregnancy, my abdomen aches just thinking about you. Way to go, Stephen for being such a support. This time is awful, but before too long you guys will have a beautiful baby girl...keep your eye on the prize!!!
We'll be thinking about you! Hopefully your contractions ease up and that baby will wait a few more weeks!
Sorry, to hear that Lisl is on bed rest. I know it can be a bummer, but hang in there, things will get better soon and it will all be worth it in the end. It always is! I have to admit it's always fun hearing from the hubbies once in awhile. Thanks for sharing your perspective Stephen and keeping us informed about Lisl. Hope all goes well and the weeks pass by fast. We wish you all the best! Take care and you're in our prayers! :) Love us! :) :) :) :)
Oh yeah...I forgot one more thing...Stephen keep up the great work! We appreciate you (hubbies) for being our replacements. We couldn't do it without you! I know Lisl appreciates all that you've done and will continue to do very much! Good luck being dad and mom for awhile! :)
Thanks Stephen! Not too many husbands can say they understand everything us mothers do (mine sure does!), but I think you husbands do just as much. I don't think I could work as much as Adam does and have the sole responsiblity to provide for my family. I am sure that is stressfull! Lisl, I sure hope you make it to full term, or at leat close. Mine came at 34 weeks and had to stay for a couple of weeks in the hospital. It is VERY hard to leave them. So, you keep taking it easy and know you are in our prayers!
Ok I am stupid I know, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was saying Adam appreciates all that I do, and is a wonderful husband. Just making sure you got that;)
Wow, bed rest with a toddler...girl how are you managing? I wish I live closer so I could help somehow. But it sounds like you picked a great guy to help you out...aren't husbands the best:)
Hey Stephen, great job on this blog thing. You are a natural. Oh, Lisl...hang in there lady!! Good thing you have a fab hubby who can keep things rolling for you. You just relax babe...take it easy and maybe fulfill some of your cravings...like mint ice cream. For some reason, that always makes me feel better....
Lisl, I'm so sorry you have to be on bed rest and be in pain! I'm 31 weeks tomorrow, and I haven't had any such problems (with either pregnancy), so I should be grateful I can cook and clean... :) I hope you're able to carry this one as long as possible! Good luck, and feel better:)
I can't relate at all and can only imagine how miserable you must be. I'm glad the bed rest is doing its job, and I hope things continue to go well!
Post a Comment