Just a few little things while I'm thinking about them. Sheesh, I never thought I'd struggle to have to remember, and make the time (not like I'm busy all the time anyway) to do blogging.
Lisette is a sleep talker. It was cute at first, and maybe even a little endearing, but now its not so. She'll have her outburst, wake us up, and then after she gets one of us out of bed she's quiet again. I have to confess, its usually Stephen who gets up. Most of the time she doesn't bring me out of consciousness enough to get me up before he's on the move. Poor Stephen!
Franklin doesn't like Wal-mart. Once he sees where the car is pulling up to he begins to get mad, and sometimes throws a fit. What can I say, he's such a drama king! Its odd though because he's happy to be there when we're inside. I guess he just hates how it looks from the outside. Maybe I should tell Wal-mart so in the future they can make them more appealing and inviting for when you arrive. But if its only Franklin who cares, then I suppose there's no rush.
He loves to sing and does it more often everyday. Whether its the TV, the radio, or one of us, he just might randomly sing along. After he sings he always wants a high five. Usually its not just one; so its more like a high 50. He also plays it up when there are others around. He gets really silly, and constantly laughing at himself. What a funny kid!
Of course the sillier (is that a word) he gets the more memorized Lisette is. She wants to do more with him. She's finally got the rolling over thing down, not perfectly, but she does it more often. Now that she's accomplished that she wants to get moving. Having an older sibling sure rushes things along, sometimes. No, she's not crawling but last night, after rolling over, she kept pushing her self up, and wiggling her head as if she was trying to figure it out. She determined to play with Franklin. At least that seems to be her goal; to get to play more with Franklin.
She does love to be thrown around. We're not overly doing it, or anywhere like we do with Franklin; she's only 6 1/2 months old for crying out loud! When she's laid on a bed, or the couch she wants to be bounced, and tossed (lightly) onto pillows. She seems to have developed that fearless trait that must have skipped over Franklin. Don't worry, he's getting more brave, and I'm sure when Lisette starts showing him up, he'll do more.
Oh, and another thing about Franklin. So I believe I already shared, and if not here it is, that he says "Wha deer dur?" which stands for "What are you doing?". Now he calls the cats "cow" or "kitty cow" sometimes. He still calls them kitties, or says kitty kitty, but sometimes he throws in cow. I think its because of Fatty. Just kidding. He still recognizes a cow, but somehow he says it to the cats. Oh, and "Bobby" is cake. How weird is that? I guess he's making it easier for me to learn Franklinese, but won't give in to learning english 100% just yet. You should hear us sometimes.
F(ranklin): Bobby!
M(ommy): cake
F: yeah! bobby
M: no, cake
F: yeah, yeah, bobby
M: C-a-ke
F: Bobby!!!
M: Ugh! CAKE
F: yeah, yeah!!
...and so on.
Yep, that's how it is with the Cat/Cow thing too. All birds are "guck" (ducks) except for the seagulls, they are "burr". I'm wondering if I can get him to do the whole "Look, pájaro", "no, da bird" with me, just for a laugh. I know most of you are wondering the significance of that. Well, I grew up in Panama from 9 months to 4 years old. We had a maid, who was also like a nanny to me, and she tried to get me to learn spanish. So now you should see how the conversation fell into place and why I still don't know Spanish. Of course I just had an epiphany as to why Franklin won't speak more english.
So now I wrote an entry far longer than I anticipated, but that's ok. This was fast and easy to do. Lisette is still asleep and I have to try for a second time to get Franklin in bed. Have a great one everybody!!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
at 1:41 PM
whatchya talkin bout conversation, funny moments, Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin, whats up with Lisette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 that love us:
Aw! So cute. I can't help but think of Bambi and Thumper: "Birrrr" says Bambi. "No- Bird" replies Thumper. Bambi tries again..."Birrrr-Da!" Or in your case burrr...burrr-da!
All I can say is, please, please, please, get your cute kid on video for us! C'mon! It'll be fun!!!
Post a Comment