Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas

To save my sanity, and get dinner out of the oven on time I'm going to do highlights, and not get into detail. Thanks!

So Inga and her family came our way on the 14th and stayed till the 21st. So much fun to see them!! Shemp is a little stud!! Annie of course is a knock out. It was so fun to see the whole family, we've missed them so much! Christmas was fun! I made dinner for just us on Christmas Eve, nothing too extravagant, and then Christmas dinner was at Greta's. She made fabulous ribs! I'm so getting that recipe.

Stephen did take a call that night, after dinner, but only because they said they'd pay him a big gratuity, so I agreed to let him go. Franklin has had so much fun with his cousins, and with the White's cousins too! Lisette has been great with all these visitors, as long as she's fed, rested, and gas free. She's way more picky about that than Franklin was. She's better at eating though. She at least doesn't spread food all over her face.

We had a great Christmas, went to see Astro Boy the day after. Stephen and I have agreed to a new, well, agreement. The past 2 Christmas' have been tight for us, and we're good with that. The kids have had a great time, and that's all that matters to us. So we don't really want Franklin to learn to talk about his presents, and what we got. Afterall, Christmas is truly about giving! We're going to do a new tradition starting this next year since things will be better for us, and those will be the things we will want to share. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, and have a wonderful New Years, ringing in 2010!!

2 that love us:

Sarah said...

Hey, our first few Christmas' weren't that big either - but they were some of the best! There were even a couple holidays when we didn't get our kid(s) anything because we knew that others would give gifts. Same with birthdays. I think that our kids can learn A LOT by not having extravagent parties/holidays.

What kind of traditions are you thinking of starting? We are going to re-vamp our Christmas starting next year also...

Anonymous said...

The ideal answer