Ok, so happy New Year everyone. 2010 seems to be promising for more people other than just us. Not sure what was so odd about last year, but we were ready for it to end. Now on to another quick blog. I promise I'll get a slide show soon, I just wanted to get through the holidays.
A few days after Christmas Danny and his family stopped by. We both can't believe how much Brett, Braden, and Ashley have grown. We shouldn't be surprised since it has been a long time. After all they've never met Lisette, and Franklin wasn't walking or talking last they saw him. It was a very short visit, but it was great! Franklin ran around in circles, showing off. Rizzo was social and played fetch with the kids, and Lisette was loving Uncle Danny; I think it was the goatee that did it. Now that we've had a teaser of the Danny clan, we are definitely wanting more, and hope to do something about that this year. (We also hope to do the same with Randy's family, and Christian's family. Haven't seen the Randy clan since before Franklin was born, and have only seen part of the Christian clan in the last 4 years)
Stephen was on-call this week; nothing too eventful. We did get a LOT of snow between Monday, and Wednesday. Snow is beautiful, but hard to appreciate it when people who should know how to drive in it, because we get it every year, drive like morons. Some snow drifts fill the air with glitter, and its very beautiful. Moving on.
Stephen has been on and off busy. For New Years Eve he didn't get home till after 10 at night. Franklin stayed up till 10:30. He watched 3 movies (I know, I'm horrible) while I opened up shop and made a couple of ties; ties do take some time to make. Out of the 10 I started, only 4 are actually done all the way; 3 movies worth of time (of course Lisette had something to do with taking up some of that time). After that I couldn't just stay sitting in front of my machine anymore, so I set up the Wii to play tennis with Franklin. He's funny to watch. I'll have to video tape it.
He's been calling me mom for a week now, so I believe it has stuck with him what my "name" is. He's gone to bed twice in the past week without dinner, but that's just part of the struggle to get him to eat what we give him. After all, we are the parents. And Lisette is huge. I say it all the time, but she is. She's 7 months old, and just at 21 lbs. She laughs at the cats and Franklin all the time. We're incredibly blessing wish such easy kids, and extremely lovable. As we've been out and about strangers have been complimenting Franklin, and "ooh" and "aah"-ing over Lisette and her many rolls. We all know chubby babies are hard to resist.
In response to my last blog about what new tradition we'll start, here it is:
As a family we will give to someone in need. On Christmas morning as a family we will "open" that gift, and take it to the recipient. Not a huge change but we hope to teach the kids, and remind ourselves what Christmas really comes down to, and not get caught up in the commercialism of it. (Utahan's are kind of crazy during Christmas, and we don't like it)
Friday, January 1, 2010
Happy New Year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment