I realized that the post I started was all about my shop, and its corresponding blog. I figured it'd be better to leave that as its own post since it was pretty lengthy already, and write a separate one about us.
Franklin is sweet and polite. People keep getting surprised when they'd hear him say thank you for any little thing, and of course they'd say how wonderful it is that he says it on his own. Yep, we didn't teach him to say thank you as often as he does. We're still working on communicating better. We're sick and tired of "Uh, uh" and the pointing. We try to get him to repeat what we say, and his only response is "Yeah!" Yep, we're frustrated.
He likes to help me make cookies, so I tell him the name of each ingredient we put in. My favorite is flour. You have to hear him say it, its so adorable! That and butter. Sugar I'm not sure if he's saying his own version or actually trying to say it. He loves his books, and very proudly announces the names to things he knows in english. Most of the other words he'll still tell me his name for it. I'm still not good with Franklinese.
Lisette is getting better about letting others hold her. She still prefers if there are other children around; Franklin and Chloe are her favorites. I've been called to be the Relief Society pianist (I'm glad to be playing again, but I've been years out of practice) and someone else has to hold her while I play. This past Sunday the chorister held her, even while she directed, and Lisette didn't fuss much after the first few minutes. I didn't have to hold her at all during Relief Society. She claws at my face so much, mostly to get my glasses. She can draw blood on me, and many times a week.
She's eager to move, though she isn't crawling yet. She's pretty smug on herself that she can sit up all on her own. Our neighbors across the way have 2 children; a little girl who is 2 months older than Franklin, and a little boy who is 2 days younger than Lisette. We invited them over Sunday night for some conversation and cookies. Franklin and Serenity played (mostly throw) and Lisette and Trayson oogled each other and even got grips on each other when they were close enough. It was funny, cute, and we all had some fun. Its great to be getting to know more people. Stephen and I are eager for friends, and even more eager for Franklin to have friends.
Stephen's work has been at an all new slow. Its record breaking, and we hate it. The weather has been way too warm up here, and that is rotten for business. He took a few vacation days last week, and we did some family activities. Franklin has LOVED having Daddy around so much. Lisette is also getting spoiled. Its also the reason we've been able to get some much done, and started with our business, because he has been home.
We've had some sickness in our home, but happy to report that for the most part everyone is getting healthy again. I've had an infection for a while and am finally getting rid of it. It came in handy to have Stephen home when the infection got to its worst. I'm almost all better, though I already feel better. So that's us in a short novel. I promise I'll be better about updating once a week since I'll have to update my other blog 4 times a week.
p.s. If you read my other blog, and have something you'd like to see posted you can always write me. Use q-luv-it@hotmail.com for posts to my PaciFashions blog.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
What we've been up to
at 9:43 AM
whatchya talkin bout whats up with franklin, whats up with Lisette, Winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 that love us:
I want to see more pics of the kiddos! I think Franklin looks like your husband, and your daughter looks like you:)
Post a Comment