We're back in Arizona, and it feels just like home. Not that Utah wasn't but we are happy to be so much closer to family, and able to visit/see family members far more often than we have in the last 2 1/2 years. The kids are liking it just fine, and probably more since there's so many more willing/wanting hands to hold Lisette, and Franklin has double the amount of playmates, just with cousins around. Jaycee, and Ashley seem to favor him very much. He has that affect on little girls; they want to play with him, tote him around, and get him to do things with them (which he is more than happy to do, and this started back in Utah at McD's play places). Just the other day at the park he somehow got a little girl to do everything with him/for him. What a little stud!
Lisette is 9 months, and weighs 24 1/2 pounds. I thought she was less, just because of her age, but her bulk doesn't lie. That baby does "got back". She has major rolley thighs, and a very round bum. Yep, at 9 months old, that girl has ghetto booty. There I said it. I'm not sure if it makes her more irresistible or not. She has been amazing! Sorry Greta that wasn't as easy, and content before we moved away, for you. I'm not sure why the sudden change, but I LOVE handing her off to adoring arms.
I love my daughter, but my kids have turned me into mommy-playground, and even though I probably deserve it for what I did to my mom at their age, I'm not willing to always allow it. In Sacrament meeting she was perfectly fine while Stephen held her, but once Franklin was getting to silly being with me, we traded and then she took over Franklins' duties. She had to be grabbing and pulling something, and if I didn't let her torture me she'd turn to pull Franklin's hair, shirt, colored pencil, etc. Finally I handed her off to the Knights behind us, and she calmed right back down; thank goodness.
The cats are loving it here. They have many more windows, and different views from all around the place to look out. Birds are of plenty here, and they are constantly on a frenzied attack (all play) with each other. Franklin loves to birds too. You can sometimes hear the train faintly, and he enjoys that. 3 Firetrucks drove by yesterday morning, and Franklin was very excited about that. (don't ask what they were up to, I never found out but did see a very small black cloud an hour later that only hovered, and no source)
We love having a yard, and Sheila has let us borrow some playground equipment. Franklin love that too. We spent all afternoon out there with the kids. They played while we cleaned. For some odd reason the last tenants had a HUGE spread out pile of chilies, all dried up, and some had been burned in a small fire. I could tell you lots of thing we're discovering about the last tenants. Lets say that this house is very happy, and lucky to have us. I do, however, hate the wind here, and that was the only thing I've never liked about the desert. There has been some rain, and I've been thrilled about it. That is until we need to go somewhere, and there's way too much mud out there.
Stephen is so far liking his job. I'm loving it, and I have yet to meet anyone he works with. This job has definitely been an answer to our prayers, and been very good to Stephen (so far, I have to add that). He's been happy to work, and I'm please that thus far everyone there has been very welcoming, treating him like he's an important part of the team, and boosting his self esteem. They sound like they treat everyone like they are important, and that is truly how a business should work. (Unless there is an employee that is bringing everyone else down, than that guy isn't as important)
I'm happy here, and Stephen says that's the most important part of the whole change. He's right. If mom isn't happy than the whole house tends to fall apart since she's the one keeping a clean home, raising the kids, and feeding daddy. Stephen will tell you, it might be his home, but I rule it. In truth we do it together, but don't cross me. Since we've moved back I've been feeling, and seeing my old self return. Its been a while since the real me has been around, and I got to say it feels dang good, and ABOUT time!! Sheesh, its been too long.
We've moved back to a place where we both know a lot of people; Stephen from growing up here, and me from attending college. There are quite a few old college friends that have also returned to the valley. Everyone is hugely welcoming, and friendly. Yep, we definitely feel like we are home at last.
Don't worry, pictures will come soon.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Baby Got Back
at 4:17 PM
whatchya talkin bout Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin, whats up with Lisette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 that love us:
Oh, that is so wonderful. I definitely know what you mean about not feeling quite like yourself, so what a great feeling to see yourself coming back. I love Thatcher, and I'm glad things are going well for you guys.
Welcome back to AZ!!!! Hooray! I'm so glad the move was good for you and that you're ALL happy in your new place! Like they say, "There's no place like home!" We're so glad you're closer too. We'll have to get together some time! I can't wait to hear more and see some pictures. We missed you guys! :)
We are excited to have you two back! Call us sometime. I bet the kids would love to play. 348-3333.
Post a Comment