Most everyone knows by now that Stephen and I have moved. It all started with a few phone calls back in July just out of curiosity, which lead to 3 interviews on the schedule and after the 2nd one it was hook, line and sinker. For those of you that didn't know, this whole thing was faith and prayer driven.
Before Franklin's 5th birthday we knew we were going to move to Parker, Colorado but we weren't sure when, how nor did we have a place to move in to. We tried to give Franklin a fun birthday while in the middle of packing.
We had a small party at Peter Piper Pizza with the Rutherfords and it was so much fun and Franklin had a blast. Of course we had to get busy packing and cleaning right after but he talked about his birthday party for a while after.
It was a frenzy, packing and cleaning; I had no idea how we accumulated so much, I blame it on the kids. Of course we still didn't have a place to move into but we had a date for Stephen to begin work. So with it all packed and not using a moving truck to do it in one load, we moved everything we own to my parents home in Sierra Vista.
The kids were so excited to go to Grandma Aprils. So they stayed behind and attended a preschool while Stephen and I finished the last bit of cleaning at our place in Thatcher. We hooked up our trailer and drove off.
It was a beautiful drive and the whole time we felt exhilarated. As we crossed into Colorado I couldn't stop smiling and bouncing in my seat. Time seemed to pass quickly at that point and it wasn't long till we came around a hill and there was the Denver area.
Because we did not find our next home at that point, after 5 days I flew back to Arizona while Stephen worked and lived in temporary housing. We lived apart for over 5 weeks. It had its ups and downs and Franklin made things more difficult. For those of you that don't know Franklin is... different.
We are back together again and though it is stressful being in a temporary housing situation I feel very reassured we are where we are meant to be. There are things to do and it's not a that far to go anywhere.
We don't have our household of things, nor do we have our cats, but we hope that we have indeed found something. We had a cold burst this last weekend which made work crazy busy for Stephen.
Though we do want to be together more often, work has been great for him. His boss is awesome and the few people I have met that he works with are great too; Lisette likes Christy, a lot, while Franklin feels a bond with Rick, the boss. It's really is a great company Stephen works for and not just because the kids like daddy's boss.
That is us for now. I hope to be better at blogging once we are in a more permanent setting and have Internet again. For now know that we really are happy and have felt very close to the Lord through all of this. Every time I loll at the window, whether at home or while driving, I can't help but be in love with where we are. Its obvious why America, The Beautiful was written here.
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Goodbye Arizona; Hello Colorado
at 12:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment