Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arizona here we come!


So things have been busy and crazy. Jess and Jon Rutherford and their twin boys came to visit. They are a month and a half younger than Franklin but really got into each other's faces. They were so funny to watch that I forgot to pull out the camera. Well, we may be able to see them on the 9th, and I'll have the camera ready this time!
Franklin is into everything, and doing his best to keep walking (I'm trying to make him do it without my help). We got him some soft shoes to get familiar with shoes, and walk with them on. He still has only 2 teeth, but has proven that he can chew on many different things anyway. He is a sprint crawler, laughs often, and is quite the chatter box. We keep trying to get him to repeat what we say, but he loves to repeat what the cats say more. He also loves to immitate mommy's hiccups. What a goof!
Not only do we have a future commedian, he is also going to be a percussionist. We decided that we'll have to accept whatever type of musicain he wants to be. We are thrilled that he is showing signs of being a musician. He LOVES music, especially jazz and swing. He can keep a constant beat for a little bit, and loves to make different sounds on the things he bangs. So we got him something to encourage him for his birthday.
We also had our cats declawed. It's best for Franklin, our hands, and our furniture. Plus they are both pretty clumsy with their claws. I was surprised Osgood didn't get mad at me for taking him to the vet. He used to take everything personal with me, and held a grudge for a while. Stephen was the only person he liked. He has really changed, and not only did he heal quickly, and did well, but he is social with others, and not just people he knows already. Rizzo didn't do so great. He kept his over-active energy, and kept wanting to get into/out-of things, and have everyone's attention. He took 3 weeks to heal, and is still healing. Some of his toes are bald (the vet said that the surgical glue can sometimes do that) and he is finally out of his cone collar. He wore it for the past 3 weeks, and then some. Poor thing.


We are traveling down next week to spend Franklin's birthday in Arizona. We'll spend two days in Thatcher, with the Quinn's and two days in Sierra Vista with the Reed's. I'm so excited, and even more so, I'm excited about Franklin's birthday. I can't believe its almost been a year since he took his first breath of air. I've also realized that birthday's are for mommies. I think it's more of a celebration of what our moms have done for us, and continue to do. I know that I haven't forgotten what I went through a year ago for Franklin, and everything since that day.

It'll be a quick trip, but we're going to try and make the most of it. We are super excited to go, and can't wait to get going!!! So Arizona here we come!!

2 that love us:

Sam and Heidi said...

We're excited to see you--in less than a week!!! I saw Jessica at the 4th of July breakfast here in SV--she told me they'd be up to visit you--how fun! We just had Reyn with Tanya's boys and even though Reyn and Camden are six months apart, Reyn had the time of his life.

Have you thought about what you want to do for Franklin's b'day cake?
heidi

Janiel said...

I cannot wait to squish franklin!!!