Sunday, August 17, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way to the. . . ah, just go ahead and laugh!

Our place has become the official home where we hold FHE every Sunday for the Young Married couples in our ward. It's been the perfect way for us to get to meet other people, especially since we've been in Primary since the third Sunday we came here (the first Sunday was General Conference and we did unpacking while we listened, so we didn't meet anyone that day either). We've made new friends, and people have discovered that we are funny people, and having Franklin hasn't stopped us from being social. In fact everyone wants a piece of him. He's just like his mom (the whole social bug thing).

Speaking of Franklin a very funny, and gross thing happened the other day. So he's cutting more teeth, finally. However he isn't very quiet about it, poor thing, and I'm trying so hard to keep patient. He's gone back to waking up with the roosters, so we just give him another bottle, and he'll sleep till late in the morning, which I don't mind one bit. Stephen got up at 5:00 a.m. on this particular day; changed his diaper, and gave him the bottle. Stephen did this very sloppy, and didn't put his shorts back on him either. When I went in there at 8:30 I was horrified at the site, though I can most definitely laugh about it now.

There was poop EVERY WHERE!!! In his sleep he managed to get the diaper off, and while it was off he took his opportunity to poop. Of course there was no poop in the diaper, but there was on the outside of it. He had poop on his shirt, his head, hands, feet, legs, belly, but not his bum. It was smeared in the sheets, on his bumper, on the railing, his blankets, and he happily stands to greet me. Usually I walk up to his crib, and allow him to grab me, then I pick him up. I didn't let him touch me. That shirt was off in record time, I closed the door behind me, then put him in the shower. At first the water was cold, and he cried, but I wasn't going to let him put poop anywhere else except down the drain. Once it warmed up he was fine, and started having a good time till I had to start scrubbing him down. Then he was getting mad at me.

Once the poop was gone I filled the tub enough for him to play and finally gave him some toys. He enjoyed himself for a while, and I was happy to think that I could forget about the mess in his room for a while till he took a nap. I had to set up the pack and play in our room, which he didn't care for because he knew his crib was in the other room. While he played for a little longer, because he didn't want to sleep, I let all of his bedding soak. I must have put it through 4 cycles, the last one with a little bleach, before I put it in the dryer. I did laundry all day, with just one load! When he was asleep I took care of the crib. I love GreenWorks products! I also lowered his crib all the way down since he's discovered the art of climbing.

So, did you have a good laugh? or were you grossed out? Try being me on that unforgetful day!

3 that love us:

Julie said...

Holy Cow....I can handle it if Caylee never does that. NO FUN!

Janiel said...

CLASSIC! i love stories like this! it just makes for fun memories. and lucky for me, curtis hasn't found out about climbing out of the crib yet. but when he does, we'll probably go to a big boy bed!

John and Jessica Tilton said...

Ewww! Great story! Be sure to tell him it when he gets older. Cory gets a such a kick out of all the poopy nightmares he created for me when he was a baby. Franklin sounds like he's a real crack up! So sad we didn't get a chance to meet up while you were down, but happy to have found your blog!