I am now 26, and Stephen made sure it was a wonderful day for me. Franklin wasn't so helpful with not getting enough sleep at night, and not taking his nap the way he should. Some plans were changed, or adjusted due to Franklin's needs. We still enjoyed ourselves, and ended up having cake the day after. We were just too tired to have cake that night. Whitney so lovingly called us "old people" since we went to bed instead. Don't worry, I laughed, and I know I'm not old. So interesting how to an 8 year old that 20 is old. Now my definition of old has changed, and its not dictated by age.
Things have been crazy this month so far. Stephen has been on call every other week since before Halloween, and has worked every weekend (except last weekend, or I would have called his boss and complained) since mid-October. Unfortunately he is on-call this week, but we cross our fingers that he won't get called out on Thanksgiving. Stephen had also been working late into the day, sometimes evening, and since I haven't been feeling well I haven't had the desire to blog.
Franklin is walking, and is extremely proud of it. He started walking 3 weeks ago, and wants to do it all the time. Because he's been months of walking across furniture, and reaching many things, some of which he shouldn't, we baby-proofed months ago. He's not getting into things that he shouldn't any more often than before. Overall its been easier for me since he began walking since he's over 26 lbs. At his last appointment he was measured at 32 1/4" and 26 lbs. 1 oz. (he's lost a little bit of weight since he's been walking so much) and that makes him 81% for height, and 76% for weight. I don't know if you can imagine our happiness at knowing he's going to be taller than us.
Franklin is extremely chatty. It's official, he calls Rizzo "Izz izz" and of course he says Da da, and when he's upset he calls for "mommom". He has his own version of bye bye, and hello, and he waves for both. He also puts the phone to his head (not always on his ear, but close) and talks. I just wish I could get him to do that with someone on the other side of the line. He loves to give kisses, most of which are very slobbery. He's almost always ready and willing to give a kiss to anyone that gestures for him, or asks. I love watching him understand, and learn about things. He doesn't always respond when I know he understands. He just loves to do things his way, at his pace.
If he hears water running for a bath or shower he absolutely has to have part in it. Its rare I take a shower alone, if I refuse to let him in he will shout, and cry till he gets his way. Don't get the wrong idea, we don't always let him get what he wants, we refuse to be ruled by him. He's also been a picky eater. Its not always hard to get him to eat certain things, especially if we're eating it too, but I can't always eat what he does, espcially since I have been sick. I'll try to do my best not to wait too long till I blog again. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We wish so much to have family and friends over to eat with us, since this is our 3rd year in a row we'll be having the feast by ourselves. Hope you are all well!
Monday, November 24, 2008
A Happy Birthday and some catching up
at 2:24 PM
whatchya talkin bout birthdays, Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 that love us:
Happy Birthday Lisl! Sorry Franklin wasn't more cooperative... but at least you got cake! mmmm cake!
have i told you how incredibly SEXY i think you are? honestly! you make me so happy! i love your guts! happy birthday love!
Happy Birthday! IT's funny, I remember thinking in Ft. Irwin that in the year 2000, I would be 18!!! I couldn't actually believe that I would ever become THAT old! Now twenty six still sounds young to me. I guess we're not old until we FEEL old, right?
Post a Comment