Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Minus the snow it's really looking like Christmas around here. We put up our tree earlier this week and Rizzo and Franklin are facinated. Don't forget, Rizzo likes to eat plastic, and we have a fake tree; are you getting the picture? Decorations on the tree are an added extra, especially for Franklin. I love fake trees, especially when they are pre-lit, like ours, but for years I've had trouble with them. After we put the tree up and fruffed it out I broke out in a rash on my arms soon followed by welts.

Thanksgiving was very calm and quiet. Greta allowed us to use her home with her large kitchen, and it made cooking very easy. Our turkey was done before I thought it would be so I had to quickly heat up the rest of the meal; good thing I put it all together, ready to be heated up. Afterward Stephen told me it was the best tasting feast yet. We had some leftovers, but it didn't take us long to finish it off. It still took a few days, but not all that's left is turkey legs. I did find an awesome recipe for apple pie; definitely the best I've found yet!

I had some videos of Franklin but I've been frustrated because they won't finish downloading to YouTube. One video is of Franklin drawing. He LOVES to draw. He had been walking around with a marker (yay for washable markers) and found some paper. I took the cap off so he could draw, and he went at it. He'd make a few marks, and then stop to talk about it, then draw some more. He did this for a very long time, and he stayed on the paper. Also at my birthday dinner we tried to get Franklin to nod his head because he always shakes his head. He ended up rocking his whole body and laughing. He was extremely cute!

Franklin is also cutting more teeth right now. About 4 or 5 at once, poor thing, but I'm excited for him to have more teeth, and be able to chew a lot more things. But because of his teething, not only has he been drooling a lot, he's lost his appetite. I'm trying to keep his belly full, so luckily he loves his milk, and occasionally will munch on something.

2 that love us:

Bethany said...

I appreciate the explanation on the picture... explains why Franklin isn't in it... :)

Sara said...

Teething is evil. Jaina is almost a year and workin on numbers 9, and 10, it seems, whereas Reilly got 3 and 4 on his first birthday! I hope he cuts them soon! By the way, may I have your mailing address? You can send it to sarakerrigan@gmail.com, if you don't mind... :) Thanks!