1. Was your first pregnancy planned? Sort of, we had been trying for 21 months, but stopped because of the heartache, and decided to let the doctors find out why we weren't getting pregnant.
2. Were you married at the time? Yes
3. What were your reactions? In denial. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled, but not concinced I actually was pregnant
4. how old were you? 24
5. How did you find out you were pregnant? A specialist was going to start me on treatments, so they did a blood test to make sure I wasn't pregnant. Got a call the next day at work.
6. Who did you tell first? Stephen. Then my doctor. We waited a few weeks to tell family
7. Did you want to find out the gender? Even before I could wholly accept that I was pregnant I knew it was Franklin. Stephen was the one who needed convincing we were having a boy.
8. Due Date? August 18th, 2007
9. Did you have morning sickness? Did I ever!! I actually found out a few months ago there is a name for the sickness I had, hyperemisis. I lost 18 lbs. in the first 5 months
10. What did you crave? Nothing, I was thrilled if water stayed down. After the sickness was over I was happy to enjoy all food (still couldn't eat certian meats for months after he was born)
11. Who/What irritated you the most? The shaking from when I was so absolutely weak, and when I was ordered on bed rest for the last 7 weeks, which I didn't completely obey.
12. What was your first child's gender? Boy
13. Did you wish you had the opposite gender? Absolutely not, I knew it was Franklin specifically.
14. How many pounds did you gain? I gained back the 18, and then a few more.
15. Did you have a baby shower? Yes
16. Was it a surprise or did you know? I knew
17. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I had pre-term labor on our 3rd anniversary, and was ordered on bed rest till he came, 7 weeks later.
18. Where did you give birth? Sierra Vista Regional
19. How many hours were you in labor? If you count early labor, which most women don't, 17 hours. I was at the hospital for only 5 hours from when I got there till when he was born.
20. Who drove you to the hospital? Stephen
21. Who watched you give birth? Stephen, my doctor, delivery nurse (who had actually been my school nurse back in middle school, so I knew her and she's friends with my mom) and about 5 others. Honestly, I don't know where 4 of those nurses came from; they just appeared right in the last 15 minutes before he was born.
22. Was it natural or c-section? natural
23. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? an epidural, but for most of the labor my catheter was pinched by my BP cuff cord. Then when Stephen located the problem they lowered my dose to almost nothing; said they wanted me to really experience it. Thanks a lot!!
24. How much did your child weigh? 6 pounds, 10 ounces
25. When was your child actually born? August 7th
26. What did you name your child? Franklin LaVor Quinn
27. How did the father react tot he new baby? Stephen was thrilled to finally hold his son in his arms.
28. Did you experience any post-partum depression or baby blues? not at all
29. Breast or bottle? Bottle, with pumped milk for 3 months. When Franklin finally figured out how to latch I got engorgement, then mastitis. He never latched after that, and I felt so guilty, and that it was my fault. Stephen helped me get over that. Hooray for formula!!
30. How old is your first-born today? He is 18 months, but sometimes is convinced he's already 2 (if you get what I mean)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
First born survey
at 10:52 AM
whatchya talkin bout getting tagged, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment