Monday, February 16, 2009

What he does best

Franklin is a pro at stealing hearts. I'm not entirely sure how to descibe what he's doing other than it is super cute. He chatters and talks his own language constantly, as if you know what he's saying, however he doesn't talk as if he's being serious and that you should understand him like I've seen a lot of toddlers do. The whole mouth, tongue, and eyebrows get into it too. He gives the whole personality all at once; that is if he isn't pretending to be shy at first.

He also believes he is very clever, especially when playing "Where's Franklin?" He'll use his blanket, or his hands and cover his eyes. When you "find" him he laughs as if he is the most clever boy in the world. He has smooth moves too, if you ask for a kiss he'll lean his head forward and let you kiss him on the head (he doesn't give as many slobbery, on the mouth kisses, but he does them every so often), and he loves to copy silly faces, especially if it has anything to do with the lips.

Nursery is great, and he's learning where it is, and what it means when he goes. He can't wait to get to nursery now! Our primary kids miss him, but it feels like we actually have full lessons now in class. We're still trying to find out what happened to naps since the time change. Its like he knows, and now its not just Sundays, its every day.

My sister, Greta, babysat Franklin for us on the Saturday before last so Stephen and I could attend the Temple. It's been ages since we've gone, mostly because I wasn't ready for a babysitter. It was a relief to have her watch him, and he enjoys his cousins. Greta's been urging us to go on more dates, and leave him with her more. He sure won them over, and now they can't get enough. Its the whole personality at work, I tell ya!

This last Saturday was very nice. Stephen says I've created a new V-day breakfast tradition: Crepes with strawberries, mmm, mmm, good. Franklin took his morning nap, as we watched a movie that we've had forever (and needed to go back to the store). We ate lunch, and immediately after I got sleepy. Stephen was great, he let me sleep, even though there were things we wanted to get out and do and Franklin woke up right after I went to sleep. When I did get up, we headed out because we wanted to see Bolt at the dollar theater. It was insane out on the roads anywhere near theaters, mall, and major stores. We bought our tickets, thought we'd take care of an errand, then thought better of it and turned back.

Franklin LOVED the movie. It was the best he sat through ever!! We really enjoyed it too, it was more commical than we expected. Toward the start of the movie Franklin though he wanted our soda, versus having his own drink. It was too heavy, and we weren't paying much attention till we both felt our legs getting wet. At least it was at the start of the movie so it had time to dry before we got out in the cold.

Just a little side information: Sunday before last we were told by our landlady that her roommates would be moving out by the following weekend. We were very surprised, and excited. I've lost lots of sleep on account of the noises from upstairs, and as a result my stress has been out of control, and I started getting migrains. I've never had them before, and I started to get really sick because of them. My doctor has given me something to help me sleep, but it seemed once we had that news my stress was back in check, and my pains were going away. On Thursday I heard a discussion from the mother and daughter upstairs, and decided to take Franklin out of the house so they could talk as loudly as they liked. Stephen and I agreed that the result of this conversation would be that they would not be moving out. The weekend came and went, and we have had some communication that now proves we were right. Ironnically my stress has gone up a little since, but now we know what my struggle is we are trying to keep it under control so that my pains won't return.

Sorry there are no pictures. Its not that we aren't taking them, I just don't always download them, so please be patient with me.

2 that love us:

John and Jessica Tilton said...

Hey, Franklin sounds like such a hoot, I can't wait to meet him!!! Yay for dates. You should totally take Greta up on her offer often.

Hey, while you're in town, it looks like Kristi will be in Tucson. We were both thinking it would be fun to get the four of us together. We need some pictures of all of us. Maybe we could all go up to Tucson and visit a park or something. Let me know if this might work. I don't think we've all hung out since HS. And no, we don't all need to wear our 16th b-day presants!!! (wink wink)

Cole and Julie said...

Horray! I found your blog. What a cute family, Franklin is adorable. Cole said he knows who your husband is...well his exact words were "I know that kid". We must be really old:)