On Tuesday I saw my doctor. It was the first time the pains happened during a check up, and he definitely saw the pain in my body language. What a change! This whole time I haven't been happy with my doctor, but this one visit he was compassionate, and listened to us. He also said that if I go into labor at any point now, they won't stop me (even though I'm not yet 36 week). Overall the pains have been letting up, but because I'm in the clear, so to speak, I'm not staying on strict bed rest anymore, and therefore aggravating the pains. I no longer feel the need to remain helpless, and have done some cleaning, cooking and I actually went to my sisters and visited for a little bit. Also, Stephen and I took some adventures this week. Now for the fun stuff.
We've been contemplating on getting a more family friendly vehicle for a very long time. We've discussed our options over and over for months. Every time we found something that excited us, we got the feeling to hold off and wait. We thought of ways that maybe we could get out of our truck loan to take away the hesitation. But we love our truck. Its just the back seat isn't comfortable and two car seats don't really work. Now with baby #2 almost here, we've been trying to make up our minds. So these last 2 weeks Stephen has really stepped up the car search. I started to humor him by looking online. There was something I liked, and he agreed to go look at it for me. When he went to that dealership, that exact car was on a truck to be hauled to another location, so he went to the dealership across the street and instantly found something he loved.
He agreed to look at other places too, but we weren't happy with our search results. I agreed with Stephen to travel up to Sandy to look at this car he loved so much (taking the chance to really get out of the house). The dealer had this car at a tent sale, hoping for one last effort to sell it before they resorted to auction. Stephen said I would love it, and I did. We made them a deal for well under its value. We drove home in two separate vehicles that night, getting home at 11:00 p.m. Poor Franklin, but Stephen said that he was singing most of the way home.
He loved getting in and out of other cars, and was a great sport the whole time. He really enjoys our new-to-us car. Its a 2006 Mercury Mariner Premium 4WD V6. It has low miles, and whole lot of luxury features. Franklin enjoys climbing in (with a tiny bit of help) and gets in his car seat all by himself; HUGE help for mommy!! And we still have our truck!! We'll post some pictures soon.
We've also been doing a lot of research on car seats. We got rid of Franklin's old one because we ended up hating it. It was very frustrating to use, and he out grew it fast. We've been trying to be very choosy, and thought we found something we liked. I didn't even bother reading reviews till we were about to purchase. There are so many problems other people had that we decided we needed to look up what had the highest praise. We also want to make sure it wasn't gender biased (we don't want to have to get a new car seat for every infant). It made it even better when I found a code online to take to the store and get 15% off. Stephen's very enthusiastic about this seat too, and now our little girl can come any time now. We are definitely ready for her. With the excitement in the air I couldn't resist asking Stephen to let me get a "Welcome Home" dress.
And to top it off, all 4 of Franklin's canines are definitely cut through! He has gone back to sleeping in his own room all the time, and sleeping through the night, and taking naps that are long enough. He's also showing signs of tanning, more than me, and has one freckle on his right arm. And I have to add that the weather is great, and Franklin can't get enough. I think he's really catching on that something big is about to happen. Oh, and he's completely obsessed with the Muppet's. We finally ordered 2 other movies because I'm so sick of watching Muppet's from Space all the time, but he is so fun to watch when he gets into it. I think its all the soul music they play on it that he likes so much.
Just so that a date is out there, we are hoping that on August 2nd we can have our little girl blessed, as well as have a little birthday party for Franklin. He'll be 2 this August, my how time flies! We are inviting friends and family to join in the fun. Let us know if you'd like to be counted in!!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Fun things do happen here
at 12:21 PM
whatchya talkin bout summer, Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 that love us:
That's exciting about the car AND the baby! I love having new things, and that's awesome that the baby could be here any day. AUGH!
Lisl, I'm glad you're not on bedrest anymore...and that it's safe to have your baby any time! I know what you mean about bad OBs. I didn't like my last one so I switched and it's such a difference. Even if the doctor is a good doctor, you still want one that is compassionate and excited for you. Good luck with everything!
I love the new car! I saw the pics on facebook and it looks just awesome! And I adore the little dress...too cute...I need a girl, if only to dress her up!!
Oh, and I had to laugh, I have seen Muppets from Space way too many times too!!! It just kills me! I finally hid the video, it's sitting above our headboard along with Princess Gueniverre and the Jewel Riders, and Raggedy Anne.
Post a Comment