Not quite, but its close. Yesterday we had the windows open with the fan blowing, and it was GREAT, apart from the allergy problems some of us were having. Up here it seems every store, and half the homes, start getting ready for Halloween at the end of August. So I told Stephen, as much as I love fall, I won't put up squat till the first official day of Fall; Sept. 22nd. Its tempting though with the cooler weather at night, and all the stores filled with things for the season.
Its time for another update. I had hoped to do pictures at the same time, but I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed at the moment. I promise pictures will come, and lots of them. We had a photo shoot with a dear friend from EAC on Monday; Kyle Lauritzen. He's an amazing photographer, and is trying to build up his portfolio, so we volunteered (or took advantage if you want to put it that way). Check out his work at Kyle's Blog. Franklin was taking his sweet time deciding things his way, and definitely not always cooperating. So no matter how sweet you may think he looks, trust me, he was being devious. However, all the shots with him and Lisette he listened well, and did most of what we asked.
Which brings me to why I've been a little over whelmed. Franklin is cutting his 2-year molars, and its not fun. At first I thought he was waking in the middle of the night due to bad dreams. His disobedience and tantrums due to the lack of sleep. Now its very clear to me why they are called the terrible twos. This process of cutting these teeth seem to be far worse than any other teeth he's cut. He's a very bright, smart little boy. He's finally saying the english names of things more often, and can tell us more of what he wants, likes, and sees. He's also been saying "yeah!!" (with much enthusiasm) as much as he says no.
He usually is very obedient, and follows direction well, for the most part. However, all of that is a rare occurance now. He's also been suffering from some allergies, which I really hope he'll grow out of. I've been able to give him some allergy meds before bed, and so far it seems to help to keep him in bed through the night again. We've also had to put the child doorknob safe things on a few doors here. I've also had to instate the rule of "no whining or you go to your room". I was shocked that he's been observing that one from the very first time I told him. His whining was wearing us all out and the headaches insued. Now we can hear the phone, the tv and our own thoughts again.
Lisette smiles, and giggles often. She still has her moments, all babies do. Franklin still gets a little concerned when she's crying; such a sweet, caring big brother. He's better at helping, giving her things she may need. Yesterday I was feeding her, and half-way had to stop to burp her. She has the worst trouble with burping, but we've found something to help a little. The bottle ended up being out of my reach, and sweet Franklin got it on his own, and put it in her mouth. He also helps by putting her pacifier in her mouth as well. Its funny when she pushes it out of her mouth, and then he puts it right back in. This cycle goes on till I can see its frustrating one of them, so I make it stop. Lisette has also given us the greatest gift: sleep. She's been sleeping anywhere between 6 - 8 hours at night, and we couldn't be more happy. Now that we've got both sleeping in the night again we are bound to all be a rested, happy family.
Stephen's work has seriously been slowing. Not cold enough for people to use their heater, and who needs the a/c when you can open the windows and get a wonderful breeze. He's been trying to get more side jobs going, so we'll see how that goes. That also means I won't be going to AZ this month with the kids. I wanted to attend the Haban Family Benefit Concert at EAC on the 26th, but the wiser decision for us right now is the kids and I stay home. However, this does mean that when things pick up I will try to make that trip possible.
I've also postponed the Reed Reunion till a later date, and a different event. The James P. Reed Reunion will occur instead and some Reed relatives that are planning to be in Safford will get a visit from the SV gang during Christmas. And I also read another book for myself, and love it more than the Twilight Series, and the Harry Potter books. I'm glad this is going to be a series as well, I can't have enough of it. Its another book by Stephanie Meyer, The Host.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Fall is in the air
at 2:00 PM
whatchya talkin bout whats up with franklin, whats up with Lisette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 that love us:
I wish it was getting cooler here too. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons. Hopefully we'll have weather like you guys soon. :) I'm so glad you guys are able to get more sleep now. I'm sure you're thrilled! Everything is so much tougher without sufficient sleep. By the way I took a look at the pictures Kyle took and they're beautiful! You all look great, especially you Lisl. You have a beautiful family! Happy photo shooting! :)
I love your new picture/header! You always do so good to keep them current and it is always fun to see the new family pictures! You do look beautiful. Franklin is getting so big! So...when are you going to have a family picture with the other two members of the family (aka Rizzo and Osgood)? Haha.
I really love your family photo-- Kyle did a great job! I love the outdoor pictures.
Hope Franklin feels better soon, too!
Great pictures! franklin is so big!!! And Lisette is adorable.
Post a Comment