We got two teeth coming in at once, and its about time! On Saturday we were all over at the White's house (Greta, Adam and family) and in the evening Franklin was eating an apple. He kept managing to get little chunks off at a time, so I had to keep fishing them out of his mouth. At one point I rubbed his gums and felt a tooth. Later that night I wanted to look at it, just to see how far it's come out, and discovered a second one just a little less out. Then during the night he woke up screaming. I was out cold due to some cough medicine, so Stephen told me all about it. He gave him some teething tablets, tylenol, and also had to rock him a little bit to calm him down (it's been a while since we've had to rock him). Last night it happened again, but not as bad.
Franklin has also figured out how to pull himself up, but not quite standing yet. You can tell it's just a matter of days before he figures out how to pull himself all the way up to standing. He's also crawling very quickly. Good thing our place isn't very big, he's easy to keep contained, or at least keep an eye on. I also discovered today that he turns on the music to his mobile in his crib. I used to think it was Stephen turning it on, untill he did it today, while Stephen's at work. It seems that all of a sudden things are happening with him all at once. There's no getting used to one thing before the next step happens.
Rizzo and Franklin are also best pals. Rizzo loves giving Franklin things to play with. It's way too cute! Rizzo will bring a toy to Franklin and just sit and watch as Franklin plays with it. Rizzo doesn't reach for it at all. Once Franklin has put it down then Rizzo will pick it back up and continue playing with it. Blain told us the first night we had them over at our place, "Who needs a dog when you have a cat like this!" But at the time they only knew about Rizzo playing Fetch, this is a new thing that started last week. It happens pretty often too.
For Mother's Day Stephen made me a picnic and we went to a park to eat, and then afterward we went over to a pond to see the ducks. We got a special treat while there. I'm not sure exactly what kind of animal it was, but we called it a ground hog. He was adorable! He kept coming out of his whole, and going to get grass. After his mouth was full he'd leap back to his whole, and then come back out to collect more grass. He did it the whole time we were there. When I finally got a video of him, we also caught him diving into the pond because a balloon passed by overhead and scared him; what are the odds of catching that on film! I kept taping thinking he'd come back out, but he didn't.
I got sick this week, and on Friday Stephen took off work to come help me at home. I slept almost the entire day, and it made a huge difference. The next day I woke up feeling like a million bucks (but with a very deep voice) and we went to the Primary activity, and afterward we went to Greta's house. Sunday I woke up with Stephen surprising me with breakfast. So needless to say I had a very great Mother's Day weekend, even with being sick! I hope all the mothers reading this had a very wonderful Mothers' Day as well.
Monday, May 12, 2008
A "Two Fer"...
at 3:59 PM
whatchya talkin bout mother's day, Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment