Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A good week, and a happy birthday!

We absolutely love it here in Springville!! The weather is perfect (but will continue to get hotter - is that a word?) so come visit us!! You'll fall in love with the area as well. We've also decided to stay in our apartment. Things are perfect and quiet, however Franklin breaks the silence. He has a lot to say lately, though I don't understand a sound of it. We can tell when he's mad, when he's happy, when he's tired, and when he's pooping (he's got quite the grunt and red face -PE face- to go with it) but that's all we need to know. He's also a very good crawler now, though I think he still prefers the combat crawl. We have fun getting him to follow us from room to room. He also loves doors, and hitting walls, and drumming in his crib when he wakes up. I can't help but think we've got a percussionist in the making here.

For Stephen's birthday (May 4th) we went to McGrath's Fish House the day before. When they brought our drinks I asked if they did anything embarrassing for birthdays. After dinner they brought this rediculous hat. Stephen had to hold it up, they called it a "One size fits none."

We also went to the park before dinner. It was Franklin's first time on a swing. The park around the block doesn't have any swings, not sure why. But we discovered this other park by accident last Sunday. Franklin enjoyed himself.

















On Sunday we had Whitney and Blain over to play games for Stephen's actual birthday. I haven't laughed that hard in years! Thanks for making it a fun and special day for us. I'm not sure who had more fun; Stephen, Rizzo or me. I'd probably say me, but I think everyone else got a bigger laugh from me.


















On Monday we took Franklin to Holladay (Salt Lake City). For weeks I saw this ad saying "Do you have the world's cutest baby? Come audition" So finally I called and we set up for him to come in on Monday. What a disappointment. It turned out it was a talent agency. They all thought that Franklin was the cutest baby, and they want us to sign him up for all sorts of things. The guy we interviewed with gave us this long speech about cute babies and people who think they have cute babies but really don't. What a jerk! He adored Franklin, and was surprised at how heavy he really is. He was sure a good salesman though, and making us feel really good about how great Franklin is. Then he said that we'd have to pay $1000.00 (not all up front) to get him a portfolio and into the business.


I talked to Christian later that night and he told me that they ran into something similar. Never sign up for anything if you have to pay a penny! Stephen mentioned that every so often on Craigslist there are photographers that need to get a portfolio so they'll take your photos for free. We might look into that.


On a side note, I haven't forgotten about the Reed Reunion. I promise that next month I WILL have all the surveys out. The only addresses I lack are from everyone in the Swider family. I'll get 'em somehow! Have a great week everyone, and Happy May!!

1 that love us:

Candace said...

Sheesh! May 4th is probably the most poplular birthday I know of!! I now personally know SIX people with that birthday, one of them being my mom!

Good thing you didn't get sucked into that talent agency thing that sounds like it could have been a scam. :P