So this last week was interesting. Many things happened, and though I did make many posts I didn't share everything that happened here.
Stephen's "bad days" were from the previous week, so I guess it was only fair that mine should follow. On the same days that Franklin chose to be more difficult, so did Rizzo. On Wednesday Franklin was absolutely refusing to take his naps. Because of teething, and growing he hasn't been the greatest sleeper. So I had been fighting with him all morning, while Rizzo was constantly under my feet, and getting into, and on things that he isn't supposed to. Rizzo is still young enough that some things aren't sticking in his brain, as well as he's being rebellious.
Finally I got Franklin to sleep, after having him yell and scream at me for the last 3 hours. Rizzo was still getting under my skin. He went to Franklins' door and was scratching at it. Just so you know he scratches at all doorways, no idea why. But he and Osgood both love Franklin's room. Often they get shut in there by accident. Osgood whines to get out, which we hate because it sometimes wakes Franklin up. Rizzo will be in there all night, and not care at all. But now that I struggled to get Franklin to sleep, I didn't want Rizzo clawing at the door. So I shut him in the bathroom.
Later I was cleaning out the cat boxes, and if you have a cat you understand this part (unless you're lucky and you cat doesn't do this). Rizzo wanted in the box I was cleaning, he also wanted to know everything I was scooping out, as well as making a bigger mess with the litter that got on the floor. He needed to check out the area where the cat box was, and of course he had to try and play with the broom as I'm cleaning up. He also wants to play with, and tear at the bag that I just put his mess in.
Two days earlier he knocked a plate off the desk and broke it. So he has been on a roll all week thus far. Now I'm gathering up all the trash around the house. He LOVES plastic bags, particularly if it has trash in it. Finally I've had enough so back in the bathroom he goes. Just as I get outside our door I slice my right big toe on a piece of plate that was sticking out the bottom of the bag, silly me I didn't see it. Luckily Stephen was coming home at that time anyway. He quickly got some things to help it seal better so we didn't have to take me in to get stitched. Plus I didn't want to wake Franklin up for anything.
Now on a happier note; Rizzo LOVES even more than anything in the world, to play fetch. We still have yet to capture it on tape. He will bring these toy mice from anywhere in the house to play with you. On Sunday (April 27th) my friend Whitney and her husband were over for dinner, and Rizzo was all the entertainment. Blaine even asked how much we'd take for him. He played fetch all night. Finally when they left, Rizzo sat himself by the door for a while. Today he followed me all around the house as I was cleaning, and later as I was trying to get Franklin and I ready to go out for a walk. Whenever I paused at a spot, he'd drop the mouse at my feet. When I moved he picked it back up again and followed me. It was too adorable.
p.s. If you haven't had a chance to vote for me yet, please, please do. I'm really trying to have a shot at this one, and I would love not to have to wear glasses anymore. Franklin makes it frustrating to have glasses, and when I take them off, Rizzo chews on them (seriously, I can't win with that cat, not yet anyway). And a huge THANK YOU to those who have voted for me, I super appreciate it!!!!!! Thank you :)
*Somebody's birthday is coming up soon!
And don't forget to check out our Picasa Web Album for new pictures and videos.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Almost May
at 10:50 PM
whatchya talkin bout Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 that love us:
I'm glad I found your blog! Sounds like a frustrating week, but I'm glad it's getting better. Good luck with the Lasik contest and keep us updated on how it goes!
ive been thinking about getting a cat these last couple of days, but i don't know if i want another kid yet! i know they are not that much trouble, but we live a brand new appartment, and we have a brand new couch, etc. but i love them so...we'll see. i miss you honey! i hope to talk to you soon! by the way, when you called a couple fridays ago, it just happend to be the weekend my phone died! it just turned off and never came back on! just a black screen! anyway, the sent me another phone and we're good to go! I heart you!
Post a Comment