A few days after our move Osgood became very down and out. He moped everywhere. Luckily for us, but not for him, our front door doesn't lead directly outside so his transition to an indoor cat has been easy. He hated it at first, but he never tried to run out because he didn't know where to run out from.
We began looking for a companion for him. Our preferences a younger (not neccisarily a kitten, just younger than him) female cat. His Top Cat possition was challenged when we lived at my parents by a younger male cat (whose aspirations were to be like our first cat, General) Max. Another preference was a non-black cat. We've had two, and loved them both dearly, and we never want to replace them.
One day I did see a very beautiful white kitten, that was female. The very next day we went back to get her, and of course she had already been adopted. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find a female cat at this point, and one that's under 2 years old. Anywhere, and everywhere we saw a pet store we went and checked. We constantly checked in the Petsmart in Orem because those are always rotated around because they are from the local petshelter.
Finally, we saw a very different looking, and slightly exotic cat. She seemed perfect! We adopted her immediately (always kept the cat carrier in the car just in case). We named her Daphne, it seemed to be a perfect match for the name Osgood. Boy we didn't realize just how perfect that name was. A month after we brought HER home, we discovered she was a HE. I couldn't believe it!!!! I've NEVER been wrong, and I've had many cats since I was born. We changed his name to Rizzo, named after Rizzo the Rat from the Muppets. The name Daphne was from Some Like It Hot; the name of Jack Lemons character pretending to be a woman (to escape the mob).
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Rizzo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment