Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Dust

So I have finally came to a conclusion, and no longer a theory, of what the dust is. We run a humidifier everytime Franklin sleeps, it's pretty much a must with a baby, and helps with white noise for Franklin. Well I have recently destroyed it when I last cleaned it. Periodically I have to clean it very thoroughly because of the sediment build-up from our water. I thought Arizona water was bad.

Now that I have recently done some much needed dusting and now the humidifer doesn't work, my theory has been confirmed. We had a whole-house humidifier set up for a little while, and that was when the dust was a problem all over the house. We got lazy and didn't replace the filter, so we got out our smaller humidifier to use in just Franklin's room. The dust problem around the house got better while the problem in Franklin's room got worse. So last night Stephen and I agreed that it's from what is being evaporated in the air from the water. Oh boy do I wish more than ever that we could have a water softner, but alas, it's not our own home.

0 that love us: