So finally I've sat down at the computer with the full intent to start and complete a blog about the Springville Quinns. I should have enough time now that Franklin is happily taking his afternoon nap. Now lets begin. . .
Stephen, Franklin, Osgood and myself moved up to Springville, Ut on October 6th. Springville was not our destination when we left Arizona on the 4th of October, it was Provo. I know that it's all the same to some of you, but we had an apartment all lined up for us to call home. Alas, when we arrived to the complex at 5:50 p.m. on October 5th, it wasn't going to be our home. Because the office was to close in just moments, they quickly walked us through the apartment.
It had a stench, like the toilet had backed up. We were told that they were working on the smell, but not to worry about it further. Osgood couldn't be shut in his carrier anymore, and Franklin was sick of being in his car seat for the past 2 days. It was raining outside, so I stayed in the empty, smelly apartment while Stephen moved the vehicles. I took off my shoes to happily walk around our new place bare foot. I was disgusted.
To shorten this part of the story there had indeed been a sewage pipe leak, and every room had soaked carpet. We got our deposit back the very next day, and were frantically in search for another place. The moment we saw this basement apartment we are currently in we fell in love.
That very night Stephen moved in every last bit of our belongings in from our rental truck that needed to be returned the following morning. Our new landlady held Franklin so I could help Stephen. It took us a few hours to unload, and it was very cold because the rain from the day before had turned into snow that night.
Everything seemed too good to be true. Unfortunately the very next day we were introduced to our landlady's roommate; Toni. Our first impression of her has been complete accurate. For those of you who don't know this part of the story you're just going to have to ask us. There is too much to be said.
The problem has been removed, and once again things do seem too good to be true. We still see Toni occassionally which is why we hope in May to move to another home. We will definitely keep you posted on that.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
A Blog at last!
at 4:19 PM
whatchya talkin bout An intruduction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 that love us:
Post a Comment