So Stephen and I have been praying for weeks now that he would be getting more work from work. Let me explain what I mean. Stephen's job depends on him having appointments throughout the day. If no one calls the office saying they need a technician to come fix a problem with their furnace or A.C. unit then the receptionists are supposed to fill his day with "member tune-ups" and "warranty calls". Stephen is paid strickly by commission except when he goes on a warranty call, then it's hourly (which sometimes is more of a bummer as far as pay is concerned).
All of the receptionists in the office are new hire's. Some of them have been there a few weeks, or as long as 2 months. They haven't been on their toes as much as the original receptionists were. It also hasn't helped that the weather hasn't been able to make up it's mind if it's going to be warm or cold. At this point people decide they want to go without fixing their furnace because it should be getting warmer. As well as it's just plain stupid to turn on your a.c. right now. As a result all 4 of the technicians are getting less pay from a lack of jobs.
So we have been praying for weeks now that Stephen would be getting more work. On Friday (April 18th) he didn't come home till 10:30 at night, and he worked a 10 hour day on Saturday. He also got a call on Sunday. We can't complain because #1 we wanted him to have more work, and #2 he is on-call this week.
Meanwhile for me I've been trying to dust around our house. We have this mysterious white dust that is everywhere, and builds up very rapidly, especially in the nursery. I'm sure the only reason we see it so well in there is because the walls have paneling (so they are darker) and where ever the fan is, there is a path of dust where it has blown on the walls, or crib, or anything else that it collects on. Luckily for us Franklin's crib has solid sides, so the dust never gets in to where he is. Unfortunately for me I am allergic to dust, but whenever I sneeze it does make Franklin laugh.
Franklin is really starting to understand how crawling works. I finally figured out a hand walking exercise that I can do with him. So he'll make one move forward and then forget what comes next. He is also figuring out how to get over my pillow barricades when he's on the bed. This little guy is pretty smart, you can really tell when he's trying to figure something out.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Can't Complain
at 12:31 PM
whatchya talkin bout Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 that love us:
i know what you mean about only working when people call. the summer is almost here, that means school will be out, therfor no more work for me! at least until volleyball camp starts. hang in there...maybe i can come visit you sometime so you wont be so lonely!
I use pillow barricades too! Caylee hasn't figured out how to get over them at all though - I'm sure her time will come soon.
Don't you just hate the whole money thing? Ugh. Your little boy is growing so fast, and he is so handsome!!
Post a Comment