Saturday, April 26, 2008

VOTE FOR ME!!! Pretty Please


The local radio station is doing a Lasik give away for Mother's Day. All you have to do to vote is click here . You can either view the photos of all the contestants, that's how you find out their numbers before you vote (I'm 11) or just go straight to voting. I'm inviting you to vote for me, but you don't have to if you don't want.

Now I can't ask you to vote for me without me letting you know why I entered myself. True I think anyone who has ever had to wear glasses probably wished they could have lasik and be done with glasses forever; I'm the same. But for me, things are different. I haven't been able to wear contacts since the summber of 2005. Some odd, and unusual thing plagues my eyes when I wear contacts. It didn't use to be so awful for me. But the last few times I tried wearing contacts my eyes burned and immediately dried the moment the contact touched my eye. I did see an optomitrist in Tucson when we lived there, and after trying a few new "revolutionary" contacts she and I both agreed that it just wasn't worth it. She did however tell me I would be a great candidate for Lasik. I thought to myself, "sure, I'd love to, but when would we ever afford it."
So please, vote for me if you believe I am deserving of it.

3 that love us:

Janiel said...

i voted for you! when will you know if you win?

Sara said...

I voted for you. Jeremy wants Lasik so badly, and he -can- wear contacts. :)

Evelyn Hornbarger said...

I also voted for you. And then I proceeded to listen to your fun music all morning. YAY!