Thursday, March 12, 2009

Taking away time

I'm overdue for an update, and I have to apologize, I've been so tired. Daylight Savings Time occured on Sunday, and I've been falling short of sleep since. The time change isnt' the only thing preventing me from sleeping, but Stephen and I are trying to be as polite about our situation as possible. Franklin has also become of victim of sleep loss as well, but adjusted to the time change better than we have.

Last Friday we finally went on another date, and had my sister babysit Franklin. We enjoyed a movie, ate too much popcorn to have room for dinner, so ordered something light, and split it between us. We still took home leftovers. When we got to Greta's Franklin was nestled between Miles and Boston, watching a movie, and was happy to see us. We were told that most of the night was spent sitting with Adam. We can tell Greta and Adam both love that Franklin wants to be with Adam all the time, and we aren't sure why he has to be with Adam. His cousins play all around him, and do other things, yet Franklin wants to just sit, and chill with Uncle Adam.

They told us at one point Franklin had the remote in hand (all kids do it, and none of them should have it, even Franklin gets in trouble for it) so Adam made a noise, like he does with his kids, but Franklin reacted differently. When he knows he's in trouble he curls up on the floor, puts his face in his hands, and you have approxamately 2-3 seconds, once he's in possition, before he starts to cry. Greta and Adam completely melted into his hands, so obviously he never really cried, and was immidiately no longer in trouble. Greta said it was the saddest, cutest thing. However, at home, when he really is in trouble, its not so cute; but I cannot convince anyone that there is even one thing he does that isn't cute. Sometimes I'm afraid it makes me look like the enemy.

Saturday I was determined to get some cleaning done. We still have many things in closets, and stored away in totes till we are in a bigger space; Spring Cleaning time!! We narrowed out at least 4 totes, and got rid of a lot of trash. Its such a good feeling. We gave a box of stuff away to D.I. and I still have one more part of the place to go through till I can say I'm done. Stephen has been a great help since I can't lift a whole lot. The other day when we attacked our main closet, we had all the totes in the living room. Franklin must have assumed we made a jungle gym for him because immediately he was climbing and crawling on top of it all. Because of all the dust giving me allergy problems, it made this task very difficult when Stephen finally had to go to work.

One reason why we've wanted to get this cleaning done is because we are about to take a vacation and love the thought of returning to a clean house. The second reason is because it minimizes the amount of clutter we have so its less to deal with in the next few months when we will move. Yes, we plan to be out of this apartment before the baby comes. Neither of us want to be here with our newborn little girl (no, we won't share what names we've been thinking of, just like we did with Franklin, so you can ask, but you won't get an answer). When we get back from our vacation we will go head on into the house search, and we'll keep you posted when we know anything.

Stephen and I cannot contain how excited we are to take a vacaton. We haven't had one since August. We will be spending a week with my family in Sierra Vista, AZ. I haven't seen my brother, Christian, since my sister Inga got married in April of 2006; nearly 3 years. Which means I have never met his son Ian. I haven't seen Inga since Christmas of 2006, which means I haven't met her daughter Annie, or their son Davy. It'll be like a mini family reunion, and I can't wait!!

I've had a friend comment that there needs to be a belly picture of me. I've been hesitant only because I'm carrying way far forward this time, probably has something to do with all the stretched out scar tissue that never shrank back after Franklin. I know, some of you may think, too much info, but that tissue gives me one advantage over all other pregnant women; my belly button will never stick out. Now are some of you a little envious? Just kidding!

The first one was to compare with a picture I have of me in the same outfit when I was pregnant with Franklin. In the second picture notice Franklin sticking out his belly, and has the other hand on my belly.

6 that love us:

Heather said...

Love the belly picture with Franklin! Too cute.

And don't you just love that feeling of accomplishment when you clear and clean out? Kudos!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

I can't sleep either, so I feel your pain! My stomach is too heavy and my back kills me no matter what position I'm in! I am envious of your belly button situation because mine is not sticking out yet, but it definitely will...yay ;)

Cole and Julie said...

Does Franklin think he has a baby in his tummy too? So funny.

Brenden+Nikki said...

What a fun vacation! I haven't been to SV since early 2006 either since my dad moved up to Phoenix. Now I don't know if I'll ever have a reason to go there ever again. Your baby belly is so cute! Don't ever hesitate to put up the belly pics! I love them! When are you guys due again?

Bethany said...

Very nice belly shots:) But, I must say, I don't have the scar tissue issue, and I still have no problems with my bellybutton sticking out (I guess maybe I'm lucky, too?).
Even when Ethan has little cute tantrums, I still think he's adorable. Poor Franklin-- he's got a tough mama (Just teasin':).

Anonymous said...

Ok, you my dear have a cute belly!!! And, that picture of you and Franklin is SO adorable!! Something I think needs to be framed and put out for the world to see. Maybe not for the world to see, but for you to see everyday! LOVE IT!!