Monday, March 23, 2009

We're Home

Our vacation was great, and not long enough, as all vacations are. I'll download pictures later, and do an actual blog, but here's a rough draft:

Saturday morning was earlier than I want to discuss. Stephen drove Franklin and I to the airport, and the two of us flew to Tucson while Stephen met up with his mom in Kanab, Ut and drove to Thatcher, AZ. I got to visit with my family one day in Sierra Vista, AZ till Stephen joined us on Sunday afternoon.

It was great just hanging out with family (and attempting to catch up on some sleep lost due to early rising, and messed up naps). Stephen got a lot of work done, especially thanks to brothers-in-law and my dad, thank you. Thanks to Sam, Davy, and Christian; Stephen super appreciated having your help, especially since we know all of you gave up vacation time for him. I did get to see some old friends, unfortunately it wasn't a very long visit. I did miss the chance to see some of them earlier in the week.

We hated saying good bye to all. It was so much fun, and a little stressful at times, I won't lie, to have all the little cousins together. Unfortunately Franklin did learn a new word that he says often, "No", which actually sounds a little more like "Do'h". Maybe we should try to get him to say it like Homer. We headed to Thatcher for a short, but wonderful visit and spent a little time with Stephen's parents. The following afternoon we headed for Flagstaff with a truck load, thanks to Sheila's hardwork with coupons; I'm still so amazed at how she does it.

In Flagstaff we stayed with my aunt Amber, my mom's twin sister. It was a super short visit, but super great. Stephen didn't really know Amber that well, or had ever met Greg. Plus they got to meet Franklin who continues to steal hearts. Of course the drive home was very long, longer than it would normally have felt. Franklin wasn't happy to be so confined in his seat, and myself being 6 months pregnant it definitely wasn't a good experience. I at least tried my best not to complain, can't say that much for Franklin.

1 that love us:

John and Jessica Tilton said...

Yes, please teach him to say D'oh like Homer!!! Glad we got to catch up at least briefly!