We absolutely loved having everyone here that was able to come. My parents came on July 31st in the morning, so I went with the kids to pick them up. Franklin was so thrilled to see them, and talked the whole way. Lisette stayed pleased as long as she was eating; I love bottle feeding. We stopped at Wal-mart before we went home, and while there Lisette got upset. My mom picked her up, and to our horror, she had overfilled her diaper. Took some time in the family bathroom to clean up the mess, but after it all, she was very happy.
Stephens’ parents arrived August 1st after my nephews’, Boston, baptism. That night we had a little birthday bash for Franklin. My little boy is 2! We had Grandma and Grandpa Quinn, Grandma and Grandpa Reed, and Heidi, Sam, Reyn and Tanith. Tanith is 6 ½ weeks older than Lisette, and Reyn is 7 months older than Franklin. Franklin really liked having his cousins around.
Its so amazing to know Boston is already 8 years old. I remember the day he was born. I was 18 and had just graduated from high school. It’s so hard to believe he is 8 years old, the first born Reed grandchild, and has been baptized. It was beautiful! And I have to give a little shout out to his younger brother, Miles. He turns 7 on the 24th, and he sang at his brother’s baptism. It was a beautiful number by Miles!
Sunday went beautifully. Lisette is a very beautiful little girl, and was gorgeous in her white dress. It was a beautiful blessing. We met at my sister, Greta’s for lunch afterward. Thanks to all that came, and making it memorable for all there. Franklin loves riding around on his new tricycle, and we have definitely found the resolution for Lisette. She is back on her original formula, but with purified water. Our kids are wonderful, and lovable. We are grateful for them both, and love them very much.
I got seriously behind on blogging because I got sick immediately following having company over. I get bronchitis every year so it must have been that time again. This time, however, I also got a sinus infection with it. It was fun for others to listen to my voice; it was very deep and sultry. I went to the doctors’ and Franklin came in the exam room with me. He kept getting into the cupboard, and though I had been whispering all day so that I wouldn’t have to use my deep voice I finally had to get after him to stop. Well, he stopped, turned around, looked at me and started laughing. He liked mommy’s voice, thought it was really funny.
I still have my cough, and unfortunately my kids did get a little bit of a runny nose, but at least that was all they got. Lisette has been an incredible eater, we’re trying to keep up with her appetite, and Franklin has been a great eater lately too. Not always, but he’ll eat almost everything on his plate. I am finally putting my foot down for when he won’t eat it all, or at all, then he doesn’t get anything else to eat. I refuse to let my kid be a junk food/snack eater and not eating his meals. So far so good, I’m winning.
Sheila (my mother-in-law) gave me a box of apples along with all her wonderful goodies, and things that she gets through her amazing coupon skills. We can’t keep up with Fruit in this house, before it goes bad (due to my food allergy, and Franklin’s picky eating) so I peeled a whole bunch to make into pies and crisps to give to some neighbors, and my sister. Franklin had one of those nights he decided not to eat his dinner, so I wasn’t going to give in. He did however pick up a peeled apple and ate the whole thing himself. I was so impressed! And he didn’t have to go to bed without dinner that night, and I was happy about that. I was sure I was going to give in before bed and let him have something, but he made it easier.
Lisette is having nights that she can sleep about 5 or 6 hours straight, its great!! She’s still picky about wanting to be held, but its getting better. She might grow up loving or hating the oboe. Right now it’s the only classical music we own on cd, so we play that in her room at night, and she sleeps to it every night. I don’t mind if she wants to play oboe when she’s older, that would make me very happy!
We’re getting to know a few more people in our ward. Last Sunday we got a new bishop, and this Sunday they split the ward boundaries. Apparently we had over 300 people in our ward. There is a new building that’s almost completely and is in our neighborhood, apart from the chapel we already meet in. We have 2 growing developments in the area. We’re also getting to know our neighbors a little more. Turns out the ones that live across the hall were from Tucson, so he knew about Thatcher and Sierra Vista. His dad owns most of the Peter Piper Pizza’s in Arizona.
I promise to get a slide show up soon of this month, events and visitors. Franklin is up from his nap, and that means Lisette will be soon too. Hope you are all doing well, and sorry this was a long blog. I didn’t feel like writing a whole bunch of blogs in sequence or some stuff might get missed. And to all you Reed’s out there, the reunion is on. I’ll write a blog on the family site really soon.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Lots of stuff in just a little time
at 3:55 PM
whatchya talkin bout birthdays, funny moments, summer, visitors/visiting, whats up with franklin, whats up with Lisette
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 that love us:
Don't you love when their dirty diapers have such good timing??
That stinks that you get sick every year!
Oh, and I love that Lisette sleeps to the sounds of the oboe every night... so cute!
Post a Comment