Franklin has his own language and little interactions that are comical and cute. His version of "Uh-oh" is more like a child immitating a monkey, very short and abrupt. I'll have to record him some time. His laugh is hystarical that you can't help but laugh as well. I love tickle fests and so does he.
He is even more interested in his tongue than he has ever been; licking all sorts of things. Of course I keep it in moderation, but I also know the day will come when he'll lick, or eat something that no human should, and I won't know about it as it happens. I figure I might as well get a laugh out of it before it turns gross. He licks our desk a lot, I'm not sure why. When he gives me a kiss it usually turns into a licking, so I make double sure that my lips are tight, afterall I'm not sure what's been in his mouth sometimes.
He's also addicted to things that he probably shouldn't have yet, but he's safe, and it doesn't hurt him; popcorn (as I have mentioned before) and soda. I love the burps he gets. There is always one down side to the soda; he loves it way too much, and will throw a fit if you take it away from him before he's done. Obviously I know that it's not exactly good for him so I don't let him have much. His protests don't last very long anyway.
He's very curious, smart and helpful. His curiousity has brought him to crawl and climb on all sorts of things. We have learned that his little couch cannot be next to the coffee table anymore. He LOVES being on that table, and has fallen off of it twice, hence the end of allowing any sort of climbing aide near it. You can watch him figure things out carefully. I have a basket that he loves to play with, putting things in it, taking them out, and even putting the lid on right. He likes to help put things "away" more like put them in places. Of course his helping turns into another sort of mess.
He pushed the step stool over to me while I was at the sink (he uses it like a walker) and climbed up. So I pulled him up closer, and he helped me "clean" the bottles. He kept throwing them from sink to sink, and sometimes on the floor. I'm glad that he's watching me enough to know that what I do sometimes has a purpose. I did record him helping me, but our camera battery is currently dead, so hopefully I'll have that video next week, remember to scroll to the bottom to see our videos.
He's been standing all alone more and more often lately. He's even taken a few steps unassisted, and without his invincable boots. I just hope that he keeps trying so that he'll be eager to walk on Halloween. Sometimes on walks I stop and let him take some steps, but only on my lesurely walks, because he'll get frustrated sometimes and I have to put him back in his stroller. I love going on walks up here. It's still a little too warm for my liking, but the mountains are red, orage and yellow. The trees across the street from us have turned, and have fallen leaves. I'll have to share the pictures that we take this weekend: we are planning on going into Hobble Creek Canyon and getting some family pictures.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Franklin's turn
at 5:25 PM
whatchya talkin bout Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 that love us:
Hobble Creek Canyon? I love that place. That's where Sam proposed to me.
And, um, Reyn loves popcorn and soda too. It's easier to refuse him a drink of my soda, but I don't have the heart with popcorn. In fact, we're watching Lady and the Tramp right now (while Sam is at Priesthood meeting) and I gave him his own bowl of popcorn.
Oh you have a blog - yay. Just saw your facebook link. I hope you are doing well. Love and miss you!
April U.
So cute. Yah, I was excited that Ethan learned to walk before Halloween so he could walk around the houses-- I totally know how you feel.
Oh, and it sounds beautiful there!
WHEN DO I GET TO MEET THE LITTLE GUY??? He sounds soooo fun and sooo cute! Are you guys planning a trip to SV anytime soon?
Post a Comment