This was what you saw from outside our house until Tuesday. The wind came and took most of the leaves off, and scattered them everywhere. Our house has a little tree, and doesn't produce many leaves, so the leaves on the front lawn are from these trees that are across the street. Currently Stephen and I are looking for another place to live. We have quite a few reasons on our list as to why, but the one I'll talk about for now is we are losing sleep. Our landlady has new roommates, and they are completely nocturnal. I believe one of them has a graveyard shift job. The floor announces every movement they make, it's just a noisy floor, and it's not their fault, they are not trying to be loud. Franklin woke up twice last night, so that was the final straw for me. I'm already losing sleep without those added problems. We've made a few inquiries at a few homes and we'll know next week for sure if we are going to move into one of them, if any of them.
"sed - ah. . . dirty word! He said-a-dirty word" ~Igor, Young Frankenstien.
Franklin has a new sound he likes to make. He doesn't say very many words, pretty much just the basic, dadda, mom mom, and anything else he feels like imitating whether its from us, or the cats. This new sound wasn't made by us, at least what word it sounds like. Franklin has a little potty mouth, using the S H sound together which sometimes sounds a lot like a certain swear word that I won't repeat. We were in line to register to vote (shame on us waiting till the last second but at least we did it). It was a long line, in a very crowded hallway. It went quickly, but he started to make his little sh sound, and was proud of it. I'll just have to work with him and see if I can convince him to say share instead.
Not last Sunday, but the Sunday before, when Stephen was on-call, I had to teach our Primary class alone, and with Franklin. It was nearly disastrous, and I sure was glad to go home afterward. Last Sunday, even with Stephen able to come to church I was detirmined not to let it get anywhere that insane again. I brought ziploc bags, and oreos. I put an equal ammount of cookies for each student, and warned them that if I had to call their name to be reverent then I would remove a cookie. I only had to remove one cookie from one bag, and after that they were great.
I was hoping I was going to have more tell today, but I guess it'll have to wait till later. Stephen and I have decided what we'll all be for halloween, but we won't tell till we have the pictures to tell it. On Friday we'll be heading down to Saint George to see Grandma Quinn, and we are really looking forward to that.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Much Ado about the Quinns
at 4:18 PM
whatchya talkin bout funny moments, Wednesday Weekly, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 that love us:
Good idea with the oreos - I'll remember that! Maybe it will help with my primary class - think it will work on 11 year olds? :o)
your oreo idea is way better than what i did last week. I told my 5-year olds I had candy for those who behaved well during our primary program practice. I reminded them frequently, but only three of the eight were well behaved. So at the end of our practice, I announced the three getting candy and two of the "naughty ones" started to cry and make a bit of scene in front of the rest of the primary--whoops. I caved in and made them promise to behave next Sunday when we "perform" and gave them candy anyway.
BTW, Reyn likes the S*** word too--except he's trying to say FISH. I guess it actually sounds more like "shif." At least the word only slips out when he's also pointing at a fish and onlookers know what he's trying to say.
Fall looks so beautiful in your neighborhood!!! The trees in our front yard still haven't changed colors, but I can't wait. Cleaning up the leaves afterwards is such a pain, though. Good thing we have those windstorms. Oh, and I love your Halloween music selection. I had all the kids dancing around the living room to it. So great!
Post a Comment