While Franklin is sleeping, there are a great number of things I can accomplish. Now that he takes just one nap a day it isn't possible for me to complete them all. I was beginning my yoga when Stephen surprised me with a quick stop, and so I decided to have lunch with him (which means I have to wait a little while after I eat to do my workout). I began reading up on some blogs when I realized that I could clean instead, or write my blog for the week since I'm already late in doing so. I always feel guilty when I write my blog when Franklin is awake.
Franklin LOVES Sesame Street, and Play with me Sesame. I can accomplish a few things while he watches this show. I'm glad that its clean, educational, and full of short clips to keep his attention. He won't do anything else when his show is on. I'm trying to make him sit on his couch when he watches it so that he won't get so close to the TV.
So last week Stephen was on call. What a week!! It got colder very quickly, and on Saturday night, and Sunday morning we had a little snow. It didn't stick on the ground here in Springville. Stephen worked till 7 or 8:30 every night last week. On Saturday they had another technician working as well, and Stephen still worked a 13 hour day. On Sunday he worked a 10 hour day. Now that he's not the on-call tech for this week, it still isn't much different. He predicts he'll work this weekend again. But hey, it's good money, right?
Franklin is teething again. I feel like it'll never end (I know it won't for a long time, but he's just cutting a sixth tooth). He's also taken steps completely on his own a few times, his own choice, we didn't have to trick him. I'll be glad when he's actually walking across the room on his own. He continues to talk about everything, we just haven't learned his language yet.
He loves stairs, so every time we go out I open the door and let him crawl up. When we return I put him at the top of the steps and let him go down himself. He loves it! It helps me too, especially when there are things to bring inside. Last Saturday I let him crawl down the steps so I could get the groceries. I passed him twice on one of my trips down, and back up. On my second trip down he cried, only for a moment, and I saw a little bit of blood on his nose. He scratched his face on our door mat. Most of the scratches didn't show up for a few more minutes. He's a tough kid, he didn't cry much at all.
Last night I proclaimed Rizzo as the "Nocturnal Freak of Nature". We got a reminder why we don't allow the cats to sleep with us at night. Rizzo's 'on' switch malfunctions at night, and he becomes insane! Lately he's been over zealous with Osgood, so there's been a lot of hissing. Franklin thinks it's funny. I'm just relieved that they don't have their front claws. If I never had to be afraid of them getting outside sometime in the future (for some reason I picture Franklin, or other siblings letting them out) then I would remove their back claws too.
Franklin gets into everything. He is very smart, and figures things out more quickly. Notice my shoe. Imagine him walking with it just the way he's wearing it. When he was done playing with it he put it in his booster chair for him to come back and play with again a few minutes later.
I've also noticed that Franklin looks blonde in his pictures. His hair is deceiving because it still doesn't have a color. Its not blond, not brown, and most definitely isn't red. He's just too bald to tell. I feel sorry for any of his sisters if they remain as bald as he. I was bald, but at least my fuzz was orange.
(by the way, that's me. Franklin definitely looks like me, doesn't he!)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
That's Franklin's World, not Elmo's
at 12:57 PM
whatchya talkin bout Cats, funny moments, Wednesday Weekly, Weekly Newsletter, whats up with franklin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 that love us:
Cute background! :) And an even cuter little Franklin!
I was totally wondering why you had your son in a dress... until I read the caption...
帳號的設計 要有什麼經驗
發問者: Hokkiao ( 實習生 5 級)
發問時間: 2008-10-07 06:59:19 ( 還有 1 天發問到期 )
解答贈點: 20 ( 共有 0 人贊助 )
回答:
2 意見: 0
[ 檢舉 ]
zycxxcz1234.blogspot.com
方案 : 一ㄍ 【WRETCH】 categorization分類 TRANSFER->一ㄍ [BLOGSPOT] ID帳號
NATIONAL TAIWANUNIVERSITY
IWANNA
Post a Comment