Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting into everything

Franklin is a very busy little person. Though he is only moments from walking on his own, he is very content to jet crawl after anything and everything he wants. He loves his kitties, popcorn, open cupboards, books and magazines (have to make sure it's a book he can't tear apart, or that we don't care if he does) and anything that his mommy happens to have. (regaurdless if he actually would want it if I wasn't holding, or using whatever he may want). He always wants to eat what we have on our plates, even if we've let him taste it and he hates it. He still wants it. So occassionally I make something I know he'd actually eat on his own. So far we know he likes spagetti, pizza, soups, and some mexican food, however he hates the baby food version of dinners, all dinners. Can't blame him, I've tried to get him to eat it by me taking a bite of his food and I hate it too, the fruit and veggies are fine thank goodness. He also loves to pretend he's chewing on something if we are; for example, gum. You should see him eat popcorn, it's actually very funny. He's obsessed with it. It can't run out before he's finished eating it.

In some of the pictures in our Picasa album (click on this entry's title for the link) Franklin is persuing Rizzo in a box. Rizzo loves boxes, and Franklin loves Rizzo. Franklin will bring a toy to Rizzo and Rizzo will bring a toy to Franklin. Those two can play all day, and I imagine they literally will when Franklin no longer needs 2 naps a day. It's such a huge relief that our cats no longer have their front claws. Franklin likes Osgood too, but Osgood doesn't always like Franklin. Sometimes he hisses at him, and usually Franklin will laugh. He still imitates their meows, and often laughs at them for any reason at all. The video at the end of the album is of Franklin and Rizzo playing. You can tell Franklin is partically distracted by the tv, which is muted.

I LOVE Springville. If anyone wants to experience why we love it here so much you should come visit us this fall (or perhaps if you want to go to conference, come see us during your visit). It was fantastic to go outside the other day and you feel and smell that Fall is just days away. Just in case you don't know Fall is my absolute favorite season. We've jumped the gun a little and already put up some Fall and Halloween decorations. Up here everyone goes all out for Halloween; the entire town really gets into it, and the city has something just for the kids. We're going to take Franklin to it. I'm hoping that Franklin finally gets up his nerve to walk before then so I won't have to carry him everywhere. He has taken one step on 3 different occassions all by himself, he just lacks the confidence to do more; plus we have to trick him into it. I also can picture in my mind Franklin trick or treating (we already know what he'll be) and I see him taking things out of his bucket and then once it's empty, putting it all back in, at every door we stop at.

For our Labor Day we put up the tent in our living room, and camped indoors. It rained from Sunday to Tuesday. Franklin thoroughly enjoyed the tent and air mattress. He thought it was more fun than the cats. The only thing better was Rizzo playing in the tent too! Franklin was in heaven! They were hilarious!! Oh, and I wanted to let you know you can leave comments on our blog even if you don't have an account. We'd love to hear from all of you who stop by and check out whats going on in our family.

3 that love us:

Tiffany said...

It sounds so fun! I love Springville also- it is such a cute town and if I lived in Utah Valley that is exactly where I would live. I love fall also- I love being able to go outside again. I just hope that we have a milder winter than last year.

Bethany said...

First of all, thank you for putting up a big family picture at the top-- I didn't much enjoy trying to see you all in the postage-stamp on the side:)

That's so funny he eats popcorn. Does he ever choke on it? I hadn't even thought of trying it with Ethan.

Yah, Ethan gets into EVERYTHING, too, and he does it over and over again. One day, our boys will understand...

Julie said...

Sounds like a fun past few weeks!