Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We are still working on getting Franklin to walk on his own. He still lacks the self confidence, however my brother sent Franklin a pair of shoes that his son, Ian, wore, and loved. Ian was fearess, and invincable in those shoes. It must be the shoes because Once I got them on properly Franklin wanted to walk all over the place. Yes, he was still holding a finger, but he wasn't using me for support. My finger was below his shoulders, and in a way he was pulling me along because he wanted to walk further ahead of me. Christian, thanks for the shoes!!





We have been getting these coupons to go to Sears Portrait Studio and finally I saw a deal that I didn't want to miss. Last week I made the appointment for Monday, and was very eager to get professional pictures of just Franklin. Monday morning Franklin woke up with a runny nose, go figure. We believe its just teething, but still it put a damper on things. He was tired all morning. So he took an extra nap in the morning, and after that nap he lounged around watching "Play with me Sesame" his favorite show. Then he took a late nap in the afternoon. Stephen had sometime between appointments to come with us to the studio. We allowed Franklin to sleep right up until we had to go. Bad idea. He was cranky and crabby the whole time. We've rescheduled for Friday so we'll see how that goes.

On Friday last week Franklin woke up in the middle of the night; it was close to the 2 o'clock hour. We don't turn on his monitor anymore, and haven't for a few months. However I heard him, and instantly had the thought that Stephen should go check on him instead of me. Stephen is impossible to wake so I gave up and went in myself. He had been crying so much, and so hard that it took a little while to calm him down, but I continued to rock with him, and I sang to him (once I did he stopped crying entirely). I realized he was awake enough that I couldn't just put him back in his crib without him crying so he needed a bottle, however I couldn't take him out of his room or that would wake him even more; he's just like his mother. I went and got Stephen, making him get up so that he'd get the bottle. He didn't actually hear me say bottle so he came in the nursery to ask what I wanted.

Franklin saw his daddy and from that moment on he wouldn't stop crying till Stephen came back in the room. Here I spent 30 minutes with him, comforting, and calming him, and the instant he sees his dad it all meant nothing to him. That broke my heart, and I couldn't go back to sleep once we put him back down. Stephen stayed up with me for a little while listening to me. Finally we were able to both go back to sleep, but all Saturday I was still heartbroken. Franklin is such a daddy's boy!

6 that love us:

Janiel said...

I love the boots! probably makes him feel like big boy! what a little man!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hey! Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to your comment on my post. Thank you for that by the way. What you said was very sweet :). Brenden is from Taylor which is a little teeny town outside of Snowflake (although you probably knew that as I always find that my friends always know at least one person from there). He is a good guy and I'm lucky to have him too :)

It's so much fun watching little ones learn how to walk. My nephew just started walking this summer and we were all there to see it. We all just got so excited and were clapping and jumping up and down. I think it kinda scared him a little because he sat down really quick and just stared at us like "what on earth is the commotion for?" ha ha so cute! Just watch out Lisl, one day he is going to decide that it is time to walk and he'll take off and you'll be running all over the place after him :). I'm sure you're ready for that and will have fun though.

Bethany said...

Man, Ethan's the total opposite-- he'll scream until his MOMMY comes in to comfort him! Doesn't want a thing with Dad when it comes to being comforted:)

We just took Ethan to get professional pics, at Target. I'll post some when I get them. He was also crabby:)

I love shoes. Ethan walks everywhere, but he's not so good WITH shoes on. He's getting better, but prefers bare feet. Kids are so funny and particular in their own little ways!

Anonymous said...

Not to worry Lisl, my oldest son Daniel is a Daddy's boy 98% of the time. Joseph is a total momma's boy and at the age of 2 1/2 is just starting to warm up to daddy sometimes. Kids come the way they are--personalities intact.

John and Jessica Tilton said...

Dallin is totally a daddy's boy the majority of the time too. Used to make me sad, but now I just think of it as a relief, just a break from a fussy baby. I bet he adores his mom too!

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha I love that you know Lon, Jon, and Kimbalie. All the friends I went to high school with already know half my family (since you guys went to EA together)! :) Yeah those are my bother-in-laws. Brenden is the oldest but they are all only a year and a half apart in age (only 1 year in school). Kimbalie and Lon got married in March '05. We are actually in the same ward as them and since everyone knows that Lon is a twin they assume Brenden is the other half because they look so much alike. Jon got married Aug '07. She's a sweet girl named Malori and she's from Show Low. Anyway I'll have to tell them that you said hi. Especially Kimbalie. She has a beautiful voice huh? She'll be excited to hear from ya!