I've been trying to stay on task so that every Monday there would be a new blog about the Utah Quinn's, but I've put a task in front of me that's taking up so much of my time. If you click on the title you'll see what a big undertaking I've been busy with. I've taken it upon myself to direct the first LaVor and Vernelle Reed family reunion. It's not till Christmas 2009 but there's so much to be done, and so many little things I want to have for it that I've already begun. My current task is putting together a slide show. The end result is a 2 - 5 minute slide show, but so far I have spent 2 entire weeks (and still no where near done) putting pictures together; taken from some of my cousins websites, some from my own computer, and from my personal stash of pictures and I have to scan each one to my computer. We have recently discovered that our computer cannot keep up with me, nor do everything I've been needing it to. Needless to say we are in the market for a new computer, but probably won't get it till December.
I've spent so much time doing this that I haven't given my 100% attention to Franklin, who by the way has become more comical than ever. Last Saturday we were driving back home from a grocery run and it was time for him to eat. Stephen sat in the back to feed him, and suddenly Franklin gets delirious. He is cracking up about nothing. He's squealing, and then laughing hysterically. I started to laugh because he was so funny, and of course he starts laughing harder. Quickly I called my mom because I thought she'd get a kick out of his laughing fit. The very next day, Sunday, he did it again! He's done it 3 times this week. He's just like his mommy, getting dilirious and he totally laughs like his Aunt Inga. (Can't wait for the two of them to finally meet!)
He also loves to play "Where's Rizzo?". He knows exactly who Rizzo is, and he knows that Osgood isn't Rizzo, but that Osgood is a kitty, and Rizzo is a kitty. Yesterday I was trying to divert his attention from what he was doing (he loves to slobber on my cell phone) and said "where's Rizzo?" Rizzo was laying on the top of the couch but Franklin decided to look in the opposite direction. He saw Osgood, and then started to get a little mad. He headed for the hall looking for Rizzo, but it was in vain. So seeing that this could escalate I brought Franklin back in, and I tried to show him where Rizzo was. When he noticed Rizzo, but started to come to me instead I asked "where's Rizzo?" again and he got all excited because now he knew where Rizzo was, and started to climb onto the couch to get to him.
I'm not entirely sure yet, but I think Franklin's first word is Rizzo. Of course he doesn't actually say Rizzo, but he does say "IssszzIsssz". Sometimes he'll keep throwing in a few more Isszzes but I'm still testing him. He does say Dad or Dadda and Mamma or Mom mom momm, but so far is doesn't seem to be completely on purpose. He still copies my unusual hiccups or little squeals, and whatever noises the cats make. He's realized that it makes us react so he's learned to play to the crowd. He is also a very huge little boy. I'll have to get exact measurements from his next appointment but right now he's just barely over 25 lbs. and is 32 1/4". He's a really heavy boy, and I'm over anxious for him to walk. Till then he's my lifting weights.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
multi-tasking
at 11:27 AM
whatchya talkin bout Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 that love us:
That's so funny. I love the laughing fits. Yes, he's a big boy. We'll find out what Ethan's stats are next week (for his 1-year check). We're thinking he's about 28 lbs-- not sure on the height (though he was 31 1/4 at 9 months). We've got some gigantuous boys, for sure! Yah, Ethan doesn't say too many words, either. I guess our boys are more physical:)
Good luck with planning a reunion. That's a task I would not love to undertake! You're brave!
Wow, good for you for planning the reunion..yes, what a huge undertaking. I can't believe how big Franklin is getting. Maybe some day we might actually get to meet him. Are you going to AZ for Christmas?
Hi Lisl,
I saw you from Heidi's blog! Wow, what an undertaking with the family re-union, I am proud of you! What a service. I love how Franklin has Inga's laugh, what a charming and wonderful thing to remind you of Inga while she's far away. So, you got anothe cat. Which one is the one I saw you buying?
I know about big heavy charming everywhere everything, boys! Love 'em, ..... love 'em.
Franklin sounds like he's just like you, Lisl! I can remember being totally dilirious with you on countless occasions, specifically on the bus...What a hoot! So cute that he's already learning to play to the crowd. I can't wait to meet him. Dallin still isn't walking either. Maybe one of these days. Good luck with the reunion prep!
That's funny. Did I tell you that I taught Reyn to say "pie-hole". He laughs everytime he says it--probably because I get such a kick out of it. heidi
Post a Comment